Vice Principal / Athletic Director
American Falls School District •Southeast / Pocatello •Administrator •Secondary •Full Time •Apply no later than 8/16/2021•Posted 2D ago
About this job
TITLE: VICE-PRINCIPAL/ATHLETIC DIRECTOR
SUPERVISES: Assist principal in supervision of high school faculty, coaches and others involved in school education and activity programs.
JOB GOAL: Assist the principal to provide for overall leadership and coordination of educational services and various sports and activities to facilitate programs that provide youngsters worthwhile learning experiences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists in supervising the school’s educational program.
2. Assists in supervising all professional, paraprofessional, administrative, and non- professional personnel assigned to the school.
3. Assists in the recruiting, screening, hiring, training, assigning, and evaluating of the school’s professional staff.
4. Maintains high standards of student conduct and enforces discipline as necessary, according due process to the rights of students.
5. Assists in the in-service orientation and training of teachers, with special responsibility for staff administrative procedures and instructions.
6. Prepares or supervises the preparation of reports, records, lists, and all other paperwork required or appropriate to the school’s administration.
7. Makes recommendations concerning the school’s administration and instruction.
8. Assumes responsibility for the attendance, conduct, and health of students.
9. Assists in the management and preparation of the school budget.
10. Assists in the maintenance of accurate records on the progress and attendance of students.
11. Acts as liaison between the school and the community, interpreting activities and policies of the school and encouraging community participation in school life.
12. Makes arrangements for special conferences between parents and teachers.
13. Keeps the Superintendent informed of the school’s activities and problems.
14. Keeps abreast of changes and developments in the profession by attending professional meetings, reading professional journals and other publications, and discussing problems of mutual interest with others in the field
15. Serves as a member of such committees and attends such meetings as the Principal or Superintendent shall direct.
16. Performs such other tasks as may from time to time be assigned by the Superintendent.
17. Responsible to the Superintendent of Schools and works under the direction of the high school principal to administer the overall activity program.
18. Responsible for administrating all interscholastic policies and procedures working within the confines of the Rules and By-Laws of the Idaho High School Activities Association.
19. Observes coaches sufficiently in order to make future recommendations in terms of job expectancies and to make recommendations to the school principals as to coaches’ job assignments.
20. Consults with the principal on the selection and assignments of new candidates for and re-assignments of coaching staff members.
21. Responsibility for all recommendations for the improvement of adequate facilities which shall be directed to the Superintendent of Schools for consideration and referral at his/her discretion.
22. Responsible for the development of all interscholastic game schedules supported by a copy of the contract form in his/her files and approve the publication of all schedules.
23. Responsible for contracting all game officials including those assigned by the Fifth District Commissioner of the respective sport.
24. Interprets board policy to the extent necessary to provide guidance for the schools and coaches under his/her jurisdiction.
25. Resolves conflicts that may develop from time to time within the ranks of the athletic/activities department.
26. Makes arrangements for all interscholastic events such as transportation, lodging and meals, when required.
27. Receives equipment quotations from authorized coaches, evaluates such requests and approves appropriate orders.
28. Attends all home athletic contests and/or arranges for proper supervision of home athletic contests by administrative personnel.
29. Acts as tournament manager for all league and tournament playoff activities that are assigned to the school district.
30. Responsible, along with the principal, after consulting the head coach, for the cancellation or postponement of contracted contests because of non-playing conditions.
31. Supervises all radio broadcasts as well as the public address system operation at the various games/events.
32. Maintains permanent records for each sport, such as wins and losses, outstanding records, letter-person, etc.
33. Maintains a file of all athletic suspensions and expulsions from teams in regard to giving each athlete “due process.”
34. Responsible for determining scholastic eligibility of all candidates for athletic teams on a trimester basis and for certifying and eligibility on the proper state forms.
35. Coordinates with the district office and coaches’ request to attend coaching clinics.
36. Responsible for game management at all home interscholastic contests and, when admission is charged, is responsible for the safekeeping and deposit of gate receipts.
37. Supervises the physical plant and schedules facilities for all interscholastic athletic contests.
38. Coordinates with the supervisor of maintenance the repair and maintenance of varsity athletic field, track, and gymnasiums, including physical education facilities.
39. Makes necessary arrangements to provide ushers, parking, security and other services required by the athletic operation.
40. Assumes responsibility for assignment of keys to athletic facilities and gymnasiums, including physical education facilities.
41. Represents the school in all athletic/activity business at league, conference and state meetings.
42. Responsible for scheduling physical examinations in accordance with the requirements of the Idaho High School Activities Association.
43. Maintains an active program that promotes sportsmanship and welcomes the competing teams and guests.
44. Responsible for the annual review of the athletic policy and staff handbook.
45. Constantly evaluates the program, always seeking ways of improving interscholastic athletics and activities program.
46. Presents recommendations for changes in athletic policies from the coaches/advisors to the Superintendent. These recommendations shall be acted upon by the Board of Trustees.
47. Works in conjunction with the high school principal in developing the yearly budget for the athletic program as requested by the head coaches.
48. Provides a financial statement and/or budget for the athletic/activities program.
49. Is the liaison person between the coaches and the athletic boosters club.
50. Maintains a perpetual inventory of all equipment.
51. Works with the principal, cheerleading advisors and coaches involved in scheduling all athletic assemblies and pep rallies.
52. Responsible for scheduling all half-time programs.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
Valid Idaho Teacher certification and Administrative Endorsement
Previous experience as a coach is desirable and knowledge of the overall operation of an athletic program.
CPR certified preferred.
Benefit Information can be provided upon request. Vice Principal Salary is between: $65,000-$77,000
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
American Falls School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.