Varsity Track Coach
Notus School District 135 •Southwest / Boise •Coaching •Not Applicable •Temporary / Seasonal •Posted 2M ago
About this job
Position is responsible for coaching student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport.
● Hold organizational meetings for team prospects and encourage potential athletes to participate in the sport.
● Assess player’s skills and assign team positions.
● Develop a regular practice schedule and organize practice time to provide both individual and team development.
● Work with the athletics director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
● Assign duties to an assistant coach as necessary.
● Coach and instruct players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
● Observe players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
● Determine game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
● Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior and provide proper supervision of athletes at all times.
● Monitor the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met.
● Follow established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
● Conference with parents/guardians, as necessary, regarding the athletic performance of their student.
● Follow state and district regulations governing the athletic program.
● Model sports-like behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
● Act as a team representative and promotes the sport by communicating with the news media, booster clubs, service clubs, and other organizations.
● Follow established procedures for the proper care, maintenance, and requisitioning of equipment, supplies, and uniforms.
● Work with the athletic director to develop a policy for awards and submit a list of award winners at the end of the season.
● Participate in special activities to include parent’s night, banquets, award nights, and pep assemblies.
● Maintain eligibility forms, emergency contact information, insurance records, equipment inventory, athletic fees, and other related records.
● Model nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
● Supervise the locker and school facilities while athletes are present.
● Supervise athletes on trips and at competitions. Ride to and from events on school provided vehicles.
● Educate students and parents to the Notus concussion policy and procedures prior to allowing athletes to participate.
● Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Principal & Athletic Director or other appropriate administrator.
● To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
● The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
● Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
● Some experience as a coach in your sport field or assistant coach at the high school or college level preferred.
● Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
● Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
● Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
● The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
● Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
● Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone, see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels, outdoors and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds to shoulder height and 50 pounds to waist height; and to bend, to stoop, to sit on the floor, to climb stairs, to walk and to reach overhead.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties are normally performed in a school environment or outdoors. Duties may be performed away from school. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Supervision Exercised: Assistant Coaches
Supervision Received: Principal & Athletic Director
Schedule, Salary and Benefits:
● Schedule is coordinated with Athletic Director and Principal
● Salary is based on the Master Agreement approved by the Board for the current Fiscal Year.
● Six month Probationary Period
● This position is an ‘at will’ position in which an employee may be dismissed without having to establish “just cause”.
● Annual evaluation by the Athletic Director/Principal
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. The coaching position will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Principal, Superintendent or appropriate administrator. Notus School District 135 reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Notus School District 135 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.