Blaine County School District No. 61 •South Central / Twin Falls •Secretary •Not Applicable •Full Time •Posted 7D ago
About this job
TITLE: Transportation Coordinator
PAY GRADE: Classified Salary Schedule
SUPERVISOR: Transportation Supervisor
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 200 Days Per Year. Works on-site according to designated schedule.
Provides support services for the safe and efficient pupil transportation needs of the School District.
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. One (1) year of previous driving experience preferred. Idaho Commercial Driver's License with Passenger and School Bus endorsements preferred, which includes having a good driving record and being able to pass a physical examination, a drug test, and State Skill/Written Tests. Spanish language skills or bilingual/biliterate preferred. Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: : (This list of essential duties is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
* Acts as support for and assists the Transportation Supervisor in completing various duties.
* Ensures all routes and activity trips are dispatched and drivers are notified in a timely manner.
* Dispatches routes and activity trips and handles daily changes in drivers and routes as needed.
* Compiles and maintains individual employee time cards and attendance records ensuring accuracy and timeliness and reports and discrepancies to the Supervisor.
* Assists with compiling information required for District and State reports.
* Maintains communication with various school personnel and keeps the Supervisor informed of pertinent developments and events.
* Coordinates transportation for field trips and athletic trips.
* Assists in keeping routes up to date on the computer.
* Assists in keeping mileage records and fuel logs.
* Assists with the training of newly employed bus drivers.
* Works closely with the shop to determine bus availability.
* Have knowledge of current routes and be available to drive when necessary.
* Drives a school bus safely and professionally when necessary.
* Performs and properly completes daily pre-trip inspections.
* Reports all potential safety hazards immediately to the Transportation Supervisor.
* Complies with all traffic ordinances and Idaho State laws.
* Complies with guidelines set forth in the Idaho State Department of Education's School Bus Driver Manual and the Blaine County School District Policy and Procedure Manual.
* Participates in on-site training.
* Shows proficiency in handling and maneuvering a school bus.
* Maintains orderly conduct/behavior on the bus.
* Reports student/passenger discipline to the proper authority.
* Assists in the administration of basic first aid.
* Acts ethically and confidentially in all aspects of employment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of current technologies. Knowledge of Blaine County area. Skill in communication. Skill in using a personal computer. Ability to read and understand maps. Ability to understand and embrace technology advancements. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Ability to read and interpret maps, documents, and instructions, furnished in a variety of formats not limited to safety rules and regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one and small group situations to parents, students, and other employees of the District. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables. Ability to interpret and implement a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to work in a friendly manner and to develop effective working relationships with students, staff, and the school community. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all District requirements, Board of Education policies, and applicable State and Federal laws.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The job is primarily performed indoors, though the employee may be required to perform duties outdoors in various types of weather, including inclement weather with temperatures at or below freezing for extended periods of time. The employee frequently interacts with students and staff. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to balance, stand, sit, and walk; use repetitive motion; reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Specific speaking and hearing abilities required by this job include expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word, shouting in order to be heard, and receiving detailed information through oral communication. Performs sedentary work exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Idaho Commercial Driver's License with Passenger and School Bus endorsements preferred, which includes having a good driving record and being able to pass a physical examination, a drug test, and State Skill/Written Tests.
One (1) year of previous driving experience preferred.
Spanish language skills or bilingual/biliterate preferred.
$22.70/hr - $34.04/hr DOE
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Blaine County School District No. 61 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.