Temporary Special Education Teacher- Middle School
Sage International Network of Schools •Southwest / Boise •Special Education •Middle •Temporary / Seasonal •Apply no later than 1/8/2024•Posted 15D ago
About this job
Location: Sage Boise
Grade: Middle School
Position: Long Term Special Education Substitute
Calendar: 2023-2024 academic year
Start Date: Jan 8, 2024
End Date: May 31, 2024
Sage International School – Boise - a public school of choice - is seeking applicants to fill a TEMPORARY - FULL TIME Special Education Teacher position for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Successful candidates will provide students with a daily and ongoing instructional program that will provide them with the best possible academic knowledge and skills. To promote academic, social, and citizenship development through leadership and classroom supervision. This specific
role, as it is a Special Education position, requires data collection and entry so as to support the students IEP.
This position will start out, beginning Monday, January 8th, at only 2 days weekly. The long-term sub will co-teach with our current SPED teacher to become familiar with the classroom and students. Beginning Monday, February 26th, a full transition into 4 days a week will occur. There will also be two Fridays per month (non-student days) in March, April and May.
A preference will be given to candidates with Special Education experience.
● Evidence of experience working with special education students.
● Experience working collaboratively to support the Individualized Education Plan (IEP) needs of special education students in a public-school setting.
● Work in partnership with parents/guardians, families, and students; communicate on a routine basis and as needed by phone, electronic means, conferences, written
● Collaborate with K-12 special education teaching team and related services providers
● Utilize support personnel; delegate duties and monitor effectiveness of support personnel; provide direction and training as needed
● Support classroom teachers’ instructional and behavioral support needs; consult with teachers regarding appropriate use of strategies and behavior response; use
training and experience to support classroom instruction; work effectively as a member of the school team
● Assume case management responsibilities as assigned and/or when necessary
● Determine and provide prevention activities as needed, including identifying need for prevention, working with others in planning and delivering prevention activities,
and performing prevention, follow-up, and program evaluation activities
● Demonstrate proficiency in planning and preparation of instruction for students; facilitate, monitor, and assess student growth, learning, and progress
● Participate in professional in-service and ongoing training to further develop specialized skills
● Fulfill all other related duties as assigned
Required to apply:
● Cover Letter
***Sage International Network of Schools is an equal opportunity employer.***
NOTE: All certificated and non-certificated employees and other individuals are required to undergo a
criminal history check and submit to fingerprinting. Any applicant convicted of any of the felony
crimes enumerated in Section 33-1208, Idaho Code may not be hired, and any applicant
convicted of any felony offense listed in Section 33-1208(2), Idaho Code shall not be hired.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Sage International Network of Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.