Technology and Transportation Coordinator
Elevate Academy •East Central / Idaho Falls •Technology •Not Applicable •Full Time •Apply no later than 9/6/2024•Posted 14D ago
About this job
The Technology/Transportation Coordinator will provide technical support to faculty, staff and students and will also be responsible for directing the daily operations of the transportation department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Have essential physical and mental capabilities in the following: Interpersonal skills, memory, attention to detail, follow directions, comprehension, calculating, reading, writing, speaking, evaluating, mathematics, organizing, and innovation. Attend safety meetings and other related meetings. Assist with emergencies when necessary. Assist in the instruction and supervision of student help. Manage inventory control and information security.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Managing and maintaining all enterprise software and services, including the student information system (SIS) Infinite Campus.
• This position also acts as system administrator (SYS Admin) for all network and internet connections.
• This position assists the Eagle’s Nest Data Entry Clerk and the front office staff in the maintenance of all SIS records.
• Point of contact for all IT and technology related vendors and outside companies.
• Must be able and willing to learn all major building systems, including cameras, door access controls, phone/paging systems.
• Directing the transportation department, including district busses and minibus, to assure safe and efficient pupil transportation.
• Will schedule vehicle maintenance, vehicle acquisition, routing, scheduling and fiscal responsibilities in support of the school district’s instructional and activity programs for students.
• Provides leadership to the Transportation department on day-to-day operations. Monitors daily operations to assure that work is performed efficiently and in accordance with appropriate regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Facilitates staff meetings to provide annual in-service and address operational issues.
• Resolves or delegates daily operational problems and emergencies while coordinating with the Chief Operations Officer on complex problems.
LICENSING/CREDENTIALS AND/OR EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Valid Idaho State Commercial Driver’s License Class A or B; Passenger and School Bus Endorsements; current medical certificate or ability to obtain.
• Valid First Aid and CPR Certificate.
• Successful Idaho State Patrol check and FBI Fingerprint Clearance Report and Disclosure Statement in accordance with state law.
• A minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
• Some technology experience is preferred, preference given to individuals with previous IT experience.
• Knowledge of safety standards, laws, codes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures relating to pupil transportation.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of pupil transportation planning, scheduling and route development.
Ability to stand, walk and/or sit frequently for prolonged periods of time. Additional physical abilities include lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, crouching, reaching, talking, hearing conversations and near/far visual acuity, depth perception, color vision and field of vision. May be required to lift 50 lbs and work in an environment with exposure to petroleum fumes and work occasionally outside. May be required to work flexible hours including early mornings and late evenings.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee continuously interacts with the public, staff, and students. The employee must frequently meet multiple demands from several people. The work environment includes inside and outside areas. The noise level in the work environment can vary depending upon the daily activity but will still remain within the acceptable noise level range. He/she is frequently exposed to infection (germs, bacteria, viruses). The information contained in this job description is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties may be assigned.
$17.00 - $21.00 per hour, Full Benefits & PERSI
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Elevate Academy is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.