Technical Support Specialist
Idaho Digital Learning Academy •Not Applicable •Technology •Not Applicable •Full Time •Posted 1M ago
About this job
Position Description – Technical Support Specialist
This position will serve as a general technical support specialist by taking incoming requests from various IDLA stakeholders. The work is performed under supervision of the Technical Support Manager. The primary duties of this individual can be performed remotely (within the state of Idaho) but may require occasional travel of less than one week per month. This position will have a shared responsibility of extended support which may include "on call" evening, night, or weekend shifts during high volume request periods at the beginning (1 - 2 weeks) and end of each semester (3 semesters).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include, but are not limited to the following:
● Provide technical (Help Desk) support to learning management systems users.
● Develop and create documentation and support materials for curriculum and instruction technologies.
● Provide technical support for IDLA’s Student Information System and other data platforms.
● Maintain learning management systems (Schoology and Buzz), including course content, enrollment data, customer data, etc.
● Provide remote troubleshooting solutions for computer or operating system issues that affect course delivery.
● Work closely with other departments for collaborating IT projects.
● Train other staff and stakeholders on technical issues as needed.
● Analyze complex computer systems, identify problems, and develop and implement logical conclusions and effective solutions.
● Develop and recommend cost effective technical improvements.
● Other duties outlined by the Director of Information and Technology or Technical Support Manager.
● A degree in an education or technology field; or two years’ experience in a similar position.
● Demonstrated success in working with people in establishing goals, objectives, and change management plans.
● Experience/training in providing technical support
● Perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under pressure of time sensitive deadlines.
● Perform multiple tasks simultaneously, including handling interruptions, and return to and complete tasks in a timely manner.
● Demonstrate integrity, ingenuity and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks.
● Ability to easily adapt to and learn new technologies.
● Maintain important records efficiently and accurately.
● Maintain confidentiality of information processed or prepared.
● Perform duties and responsibilities independently.
● Ability to coordinate, research, and analyze special projects/reports.
● Ability to perform duties with awareness of all requirements and IDLA policies.
● Must possess positive, professional interpersonal skills.
● Bachelor’s degree in an education or technology field.
● Experience in the K-12 education field.
● Expertise in supporting education technology.
● Fluency in Spanish.
● Installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of operating systems, networks, and programs on personal computers, and Chromebooks.
● Preferred: Experience in Learning Management Systems (Schoology and Agilix Buzz)
● Familiarity with both Mac and Windows environments.
Physical and Mental Demands:
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hours and Salary:
This position is full time and year round with benefits that include medical insurance, PERSI retirement and paid leave. During working hours, the employee is to concern themself strictly with the business of Idaho Digital Learning Alliance and the duties of this position. At no time during working hours, shall the employee perform any services or make or receive any telephone calls on behalf of any other entity/individual or for any private business or employment that are not part of the employee's job responsibilities with Idaho Digital Learning Alliance, unless previously approved by your Director. Salary is $40,000 - $50,000 dependent upon the applicant’s credentials.
Position is open until filled. Applications are available online at www.AppliTrack.com/idla/onlineapp Documents required for a complete application include: current resume and letter of introduction. Application materials will only be accepted through the online application. Questions about the application process can be emailed to hr@IdahoDigitalLearning.org
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Idaho Digital Learning Academy is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.