Summer Grounds Crew
Blaine County School District No. 61 •South Central / Twin Falls •Maintenance •Not Applicable •Summer •Posted 1M ago
About this job
TITLE: Grounds Crew, Temporary Summer Employment
PAY GRADE: Summer Crew Salary Schedule
SUPERVISOR: Director of Buildings and Grounds and/or designee.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-Time (Summer), 8 hours per day, Monday through Friday. Seasonal employment time period: Maximum of 120 total calendar days (approximately 4 months) during Spring, Summer, and/or Fall. Works on-site according to designated schedule.
Assists in maintenance and restoration of District buildings and grounds. All duties and assignments will be in accordance with the Idaho State Labor Laws. The Director of Buildings and Grounds will assign duties and determine location (building site) of employment.
Must be 18 years of age or older on or before the first day of work. Must have transportation to and from work. Must wear appropriate clothing and shoes. Must maintain proper work habits including, but not limited to, timeliness, timesheets, demeanor, and interaction with other District staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list of essential duties is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
* Assists in maintaining District buildings and grounds (lawns, etc.).
* Duties may include, mowing, trimming, raking, hauling, sweeping, painting, general grounds clean up and sprinkler/irrigation repair.
* Operates various landscaping equipment and machinery.
* Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety procedures.
* Follow established safety procedures, including utilizing personal protective equipment and techniques to perform job duties (lifting, climbing, etc.)
* Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
* Help keep vehicle, equipment, and tools in safe operating condition.
* Inspect and adjust tools and equipment for safety and efficiency and perform preventive maintenance as needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: Continual walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, and heavy lifting and carrying. Work outside and around moving objects or vehicles. Exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals (herbicides and fertilizer), and loud noises. Frequent districtwide travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Blaine County School District No. 61 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.