Caldwell School District •Southwest / Boise •Substitute: Teachers •Not Applicable •Temporary / Seasonal •Apply no later than 4/30/2022•Posted 19D ago
About this job
ALL CANDIDATES WHO WISH TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION MUST COMPLETE AN ONLINE APPLICATION ON THE EMPLOYMENT WEB PAGE AT www.caldwellschools.org.
This is an on-call position during the school year with summer break during June and July.
1. On-Call Employment - Must be dependable and able to report to work with no advanced notice.
2. Associates degree preferred, but not required
3. Ability to maintain a learning environment
4. Works well with students, staff, and the public
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
6. Able to work under pressure
7. Able to maintain confidentiality of staff and students
Substitute Teacher Pay Rates
With associate's degree: $62.30 per day
With bachelor's degree: $85.00 per day
With valid teacher certification: $95.00 per day
With STEDI SubDiploma: $95.00 per day
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Reports to the building school secretary upon arrival at the school building according to the time specified by the Aesop Substitute Placement System.
2. If necessary, reviews with the building administrator or department head all plans and schedules to be followed during the teaching day.
3. Maintains as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which assigned.
4.Teaches the lesson outlined and described in the substitute teacher’s plans as prepared by the absent teacher.
5.Consults as appropriate with the building administrator or department head before initiating any teaching or other procedures not specified in the teacher’s plans.
6. Assumes responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in class and during recess periods as assigned by the building administrator.
7. Corrects all papers completed during the day (unless otherwise requested by the absent teacher), as time allows, and leave them in a conspicuous place for the teacher.
8.Completes a written report for the absent teacher on the day’s activities at the conclusion of each teaching day.
9. Follows all policies, rules, and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates.
10. Leaves the room in an orderly condition, with all supplies and equipment returned to proper storage area. All equipment is to be turned off.
11. Performs the regular teacher’s extra duties, if any.
12.Reports any major disciplinary problems to the building administrator.
13.Seeks out opportunities for professional growth.
14.Maintains high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality of student information.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs all other duties as assigned.
Terms of Employment:
This position shall be considered in all respects “employment at will” and the employee is subject to discharge by the District at any time without cause. The “employment period” and other descriptions and terms set forth in this job description shall not create a property right in the employee, and such are set forth only to advise the employee of when and what type of services will be required by the District so long as employment continues.
An employee working in this position shall, at all times, be subject to the direction of the person(s) to whom said employee has primary responsibility or said person(s)’ designee(s), and at all times shall be subject to the rules, regulations and policies of the District as promulgated by the Board of Trustees. Each employee shall be held responsible for having knowledge of said school district rules, regulations and policies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit, walk, stand, have sufficient hand, arm and finger dexterity; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can on occasion be loud. The employee may occasionally be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
All employees and other individuals are required to undergo a criminal history check and submit to fingerprinting. Any applicant convicted of any of the felony crimes enumerated in Section 33-1208, Idaho Code may not be hired, and any applicant convicted of any felony offense listed in Section 33-1208(2), Idaho Code shall not be hired.
Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required.
Pay: $77.30 - $120.00 per day
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Caldwell School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.