LEWISTON INDEPENDENT DISTRICT •North Central / Lewiston •Instructional Support •Part Time •Posted 1Y ago
About this job
Substitute Teachers assume the daily work schedule and the normal duties of the regular certificated employees.
The District requires substitute teachers to meet at least one of the following minimum qualifications:
• Possess a four (4) year, post-secondary degree
• Completed two (2) years of successful post-secondary high school education, with at least 32 semester credits in the core curriculum (i.e., English, Writing and Math)
• Certified as a Para-Professional.
• Successfully pass a criminal background check
Substitute Teachers are paid at a daily rate and are on a tiered pay scale.
Substitute Teachers who possess a four (4) year degree.
• Full day $90.00
• Half day $45.00
Substitute Teachers who do not possess a four (4) year degree, but meet the following
1) Completed two years of successful post-secondary education, with at least 32 semester credits
2) Certified as a Paraprofessional (i.e., passed the ETS paraprofessional exa
• Full day $80.00
• Half day $40.00
To be considered, complete the online application and include the following:
• Letter of interest
• Transcript or paraprofessional certificate/documentation
For more information, please contact Human Resources at: (208) 748-3000 or the District Substitute Coordinator at: (208) 748-3074 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
LEWISTON INDEPENDENT DISTRICT is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.