Substitute Bus Driver
Elevate Academy •North Tip / Coeur d' Alene •Transportation •Not Applicable •Part Time •Apply no later than 9/6/2024•Posted 15D ago
About this job
Applicants must be at least 21 years old, have a clean driving record and possess a current CDL, class B with school bus and airbrake endorsements. Applicants must pass a background check, submit a drug test, and pass a physical. The driver must be able to operate the bus, manage students, and observe all laws, rules and regulations.
• Willing to secure Commercial Drivers License (CDL) including all necessary endorsements and training: Passenger, School Bus, “B”, Airbrakes
• Hold a class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with passenger endorsement
• Meet the physical examination standards of the federal and state law, administrative rules, and Board policy
• Is twenty-one years of age or older
• Safe driving experience as determined by the Board
• Pass a criminal background check, pre-employment drug test, and random drug tests while employed
• Ability to pass CPR and first aid courses
• Knowledge of bus passenger safety and effective discipline procedures
• Works well with students, staff, and parents
• Awareness of and commitment to proper bus maintenance
• Follows board and school policies and guidelines
Ability to stand, walk, and sit frequently or for prolonged periods of time. Additional physical abilities include lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling, stooping/crouching, reaching/handling, talking/hearing conversations, and near/far visual acuity/depth perception/color vision/field of vision. May be required to lift 50 lbs. and work in an environment with exposure to petroleum fumes and work occasionally outside. May be required to work flexible hours including early morning and late evenings.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is acceptable to this environment. The noise level can vary depending upon the daily activity but will still remain within the acceptable noise level range. He/she is frequently exposed to infection (germs, bacteria, viruses). The employee continuously interacts with the public, staff, and students. The employee must frequently meet multiple demands from several people. The work environment includes inside and outside areas.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position.
Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
$28.00 - $30.00 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Elevate Academy is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.