Subject Matter Expert Web Dev II - Freelance Position
Idaho Digital Learning Academy •Not Applicable •Curriculum •Not Applicable •Part Time •Posted 1Y ago
About this job
Position Summary: An IDLA Subject Matter Expert (SME) is similar to a copywriter in that they are an experienced writer who, under some administrative guidance, will write high-quality text for our curriculum for all IDLA students. The successful applicant will use appropriate styles and formats of writing to be delivered in courses in a Learning Management System (LMS). IDLA aims to provide equity, opportunity, and access to Idaho students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop a one-semester eight (8) unit Web Development II course using measurable objectives, practice and review activities, assessments, and rubrics that engage students.
• Align content, activities, assessments, and rubrics to measurable objectives and state standards (based on course map).
• Write lessons for an online course with clarity and readability for the target student demographic.
• Work with content team members to write quality lesson text, seek advice, set goals, and discuss and implement revisions deemed necessary.
• Utilize a wide repertoire of learning strategies and differentiated instructional strategies.
• Maintain confidentiality of information processed or prepared.
• Perform duties and responsibilities independently.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other IDLA employees, supervisory personnel, State and local elected officials, and the public.
• Use time management skills, meet deadlines, and identify project priorities.
• Perform duties with awareness of all requirements and IDLA policies.
• Bachelor's Degree in a field relating to the course content area
• Must be detailed-oriented and highly organized
• Must possess positive, professional interpersonal skills
• Must demonstrate the ability to work efficiently but with close attention to detail
● Idaho Teaching Certificate (secondary, elementary, specialist)
● Experience in educational technology, online learning, or curriculum & instruction
● Experience in technical writing or a degree in English, journalism, or writing-related field
● Three years of classroom experience/background in education (any level)
● Two years of experience with writing lessons or participating in curriculum projects in an educational setting.
● Experience using the Schoology Learning Management System (or similar LMS)
● Deep knowledge of copyright law.
Physical and Mental Demands: The physical and mental demands described here represent those that employees must meet to perform this position's essential functions successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Application:The position is open until filled. Application materials are only accepted through the online application and are available at www.AppliTrack.com/idla/onlineapp. Documents required for a complete application include a current resume, a letter of introduction, and one recent letter of reference. Questions regarding the application process can be emailed to hr@IdahoDigitalLearning.org.
Time Commitment and Compensation:(Temporary, Contracted Services)The position is part-time freelance work. SMEs will create a one-semester course comprised of eight (8) units, each taking approximately 10-15 hours to complete. The content team will create a timeline for each course development. Compensation is $4,400 with a 5% bonus for meeting all deadlines, and will be reported on a 1099.Location:Subject Matter Expert is a remote position. The successful applicant is responsible for maintaining a home office with reliable, high-speed Internet and necessary computer equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Idaho Digital Learning Academy is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.