Dietrich School District •South Central / Twin Falls •Speech/Language Pathologist •Not Applicable •Part Time •Posted 30D ago
About this job
We are looking for a skilled, sympathetic Speech Pathologist to provide quality care for our patients. The speech pathologist will perform screenings, assess patient condition, and design therapy and treatment plans to help the patient develop necessary speech skills. You should be caring and knowledgeable about speech-related conditions and therapies.
To succeed as a speech pathologist, you should be willing to alter treatment plans to better suit the individual needs of a diverse patient population. You should be caring, adaptable, analytical, and resourceful.
Speech Pathologist Responsibilities:
• Diagnosing, treating, and preventing speech, language, and swallowing disorders.
• Creating treatment and therapy plans to suit the individualized needs of a diverse population of patients.
• Performing screenings to detect voice or speech disorders.
• Educating patients and family members about speech disorders and causes, including disabilities and traumatic events.
• Keeping detailed records relating to patient conditions, care plans, therapies, and progress.
• Reporting progress and current status to appropriate parties, which may include family members, teachers, administrators, Special education director or medical professionals.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until Filled. A district application may be obtained online at www.dietrichschools.org. Please send application to: Dalonna Hurd, Business Manager/HR, 406 North Park St, Dietrich, ID 83324 or by email to email@example.com
* Pay depending on Education & Experience
* Note - We are currently a 4-day per week in person learning school district.
Speech Pathologist Requirements:
• Master’s degree in speech-language pathology.
• Valid state license or certification.
• Experience with certain conditions or working with prek-12 grade may be preferred.
• Strong understanding of speech-related conditions, causes, and treatments.
• Excellent coaching and verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with computers, especially patient and healthcare databases.
• Attentive and caring with the ability to develop individualized education plans (IEPs).
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Dietrich School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.