Speech Language Pathologist
American Falls School District •Southeast / Pocatello •Speech/Language Pathologist •Primary •Full Time •Posted 3M ago
About this job
JOB GOAL: In order to help reduce or eliminate speech and hearing impediments that interfere with the individual student’s ability to derive full benefit from the district’s education program, the speech therapist shall carry out the following performance tasks:
1. Be knowledgeable of, and uphold, all policies pertaining to teachers and student as specified in district rules and regulations.
2. Make necessary speech and hearing examinations as requested by teachers, principals, or parents.
3. Carry out a program of therapy for students with speech and hearing problems.
4. Consult frequently with teachers, principals, and parents, relative to individual childs progress.
5. Make surveys as necessary to establish the incidence of speech handicapped children in the district.
6. Maintain lists of referred, screened, and eligible students, as well as a directory of outside agencies, consultants, specialists, and related services.
7. Assist and guide teachers in observing, describing, and referring suspected and identified speech and language impairments.
8. Prepare and submit all required and/or appropriate reports to local, state and federal agencies.
9. Act ethically in all aspects of the therapists’ role.
10. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
As established by State Certification requirements.
Available Upon Request