Speech Language Pathologist
Sage International Network of Schools •Southwest / Boise •Speech/Language Pathologist •Primary •Full Time •Posted 1M ago
About this job
The Speech Language Pathologist is responsible for providing both direct and indirect
support to students, families, and staff members at Forge International School in order to
ensure high quality programming for students with disabilities.
Based in Middleton and reporting to the Special Education Director, the Speech Language
Pathologist will play an important role in ensuring we are meeting our obligations for
identification and service provision for students with disabilities. A typical day includes
attending pre-referral meetings, conducting initial/3-year assessments, delivering direct
speech and language services, writing IEPs, and consulting with special and general
education teachers. Our school utilizes a meaningful inclusion model for special education,
so an integral part of the day-to-day work consists of creating plans that allow all students,
regardless of disability, to spend the majority of their day in the general education
● Participate in screening and formal assessment activities; write quality, compliant
● Attend eligibility meetings; present assessment indings to the team.
● Assist in the implementation of assessment recommendations as needed.
● Participate in the pre-referral process and provide consultation to school teams
regarding speech and language concerns.
● Collaborate with IEP teams for initial and annual IEP reviews; provide case
management for students on speech and language caseload.
● Document assessment and service delivery for Medicaid reimbursement purposes
using district-provided software.
● Assist in providing consultation and advice to administrators, teachers, and parents
regarding the general and special educational programs as appropriate.
● Assist in coordinating, communicating and seeking consultation with community
agencies as appropriate.
● Maintain a compliant practice.
● Consult on speech and language concerns.
● Perform other duties as assigned or requested by the Special Education Director.
● Required: Valid Idaho Pupil Personnel Services credential, Speech-Language
Pathologist; State of Idaho Professional License, Speech-Language Pathologist
● Experience working in a public charter school setting (preferred)
● Experience working with K-12 students (preferred)
● Experience working with students with a range of disabilities (speech and/or
language impairment, emotional and behavioral disorder, developmental delay,
autism, etc.) (highly preferred)
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Commitment to the Sage International Network Schools’ special education inclusion
● Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
● Perform a variety of specialized and responsible tasks: maintain records; establish
and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, other
school personnel; meet schedule and compliance deadlines.
● The Speech Language Pathologist position will be on the teaching staff calendar
(182 days), which includes paid time off for holidays and traditional school breaks.
● Salary is competitive for the area based on education and experience.
● PERSI retirement program, medical/dental/vision benefits available, and
professional development opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Sage International Network of Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.