Special Education Teacher K-12
Kootenai School District •North Tip / Coeur d' Alene •Special Education •Not Applicable •Full Time •Posted 11M ago
About this job
1. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated
2. Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
3. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
4. Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate and superior.
5. Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
6. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects to communicate these objectives to students.
7. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
8. Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
9. Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
10. Diagnosis the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
11. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
12. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
13. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
14. Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
15. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.16. Supervises team of paraprofessional.17. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
To apply for this position, please complete the certified application found on our website www.sd24.com
Please also include:
3-5 current letters of recommendations
mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Kootenai Jt. School District #274 13030 E. O'Gara Rd. Harrison, ID 83833
The Kootenai School District, located in beautiful northern Idaho, has a proud tradition of offering a quality education to its students. Located ten miles from the resort town of Harrison, the district is nestled among pine trees in a rural setting. Deer and turkey on the sidelines of a football game or on the playground are common sites. The Coeur D’Alene River runs through the Chain Lakes and empties into the Lake Coeur D’Alene, offering boating and fishing opportunities. The lake has over 125 miles of shoreline and a surface area of over fifty square miles. The paved Trail of the Coeur D’Alenes is a repurposed railroad track that allows hikers, bikers, and others the ability to commune with nature and revel in the beauty of mountains, rivers, and lakes. Hunting opportunities include elk, deer, turkey, bear, ducks, geese, and much more while fishing for salmon, bass, and trout are abundant. Here is a link for additional information http://funtosail.blogspot.com/2016/10/coeur-d-river-and-chain-lakes-kootenai.htmlThe city of Coeur D’Alene and its neighboring towns total over 100,000 people, is a quick 45 miles away. Shopping, entertainment, theaters, restaurants, and other opportunities are available. Spokane, Washington, with its international airport is about an hour drive away. You can reach the Pacific Coast in about 6 hours. The Kootenai School District truly is in the middle of everything you could want. The Kootenai School District has a growing student population with about 190 students K-12 with an average class size of 13 students. The small community is more like a family than a traditional school. We are a small district, yet we offer a lot of opportunities for our students including welding, drone flight, astronomy, advanced math, history of film, psychology, art, music, after school programs, anthropology, and more. We have tremendous support from our community. The facilities are in excellent shape, and we are in good financial condition. Opportunity is a key word at Kootenai School District. If this feels like an opportunity for you, we invite you to apply for our opening, beginning in the 2023-2024 school year. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions concerning this position, or anything else about our amazing community and schools.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Kootenai School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.