Special Education Teacher
St. Maries Joint School District No. 41 •North Tip / Coeur d' Alene •Special Education •Full Time •Posted 2M ago
About this job
St. Maries Joint School District No. 41 is accepting applications for the following anticipated certified positions for the 2021-2022 School Year:
• Special Education Teacher
All applicants must qualify to hold an Idaho Certificate or hold comparable out-of-state certification which can be endorsed in Idaho for the position(s). Experience preferred.
The District offers a competitive salary and benefit package commensurate with years of experience and education:
EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS: Employment will begin with the 2021/2022 school year and is contingent upon Board approval. Salary will be based on education and experience with placement on the certified salary schedule.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Preliminary screening will be accomplished on the basis of complete District application, letter of interest, and recommendations. Finalist(s) will be invited for a personal interview.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Apply: Immediately
Closing Date: When filled
Starting Date: August 2021
1. Participates in IEP Team meetings.
a. Performs student observations and testing as assigned by the team.
b. Interprets findings of assessments.
c. Coordinates with other Child Study Team members in formulating an appropriate IEP (Individual Education Program) based on a comprehensive evaluation of assessment information.
d. Schedules identified exceptional students into the least restrictive environment in cooperation with regular classroom teachers, counselors and administrators.
2. Develops lesson plans and instructional materials.
3. Uses behavior and environmental management techniques effectively in strengthening
appropriate behaviors and extinguishing inappropriate behaviors.
4. Assists regular education teachers to individualize instruction for exceptional students
integrated in regular classes, and maintains ongoing teamwork relationships with teachers and others involved.
5. Provides appropriate academic, prevocational and life-skill instruction or experience as prescribed.
6. Assesses current level of student’s attainment of knowledge and skills prescribed in
7. Seeks new and appropriate instructional methods and materials if those that exist are
inadequate for specific students needs.
8. If appropriate, helps parents implement home instructional strategies.
9. Trains instructional aides and student interns, as assigned, in the use of assessment,
10. Maintains accurate records of assessment, evaluations, IEP information, Medicaid billing information, student schedules, progress data, progress reports, and significant events and contacts.
11. Attends faculty meetings, committee meetings and other conferences established by the
principal and/or director of special education.
12. Sets a positive example with students, parents and fellow workers.
REQUIRED POLICIES AND CONDITIONS:
1. Reads and conforms with all provisions of Board Policy for the St. Maries
School District No. 41 relating to teachers and student.
2. Reads and conforms with the Idaho State Board of Education Rules and
Regulations pertaining to Special Education and the District Special Education Manual.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
St. Maries Joint School District No. 41 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.