Special Education Teacher
American Falls School District •Southeast / Pocatello •Special Education •Not Applicable •Full Time •Posted 15D ago
About this job
1. To inform the regular classroom of the procedures and services of the resource room.
2. To conduct formal and informal behavioral and educational assessments of referred students.
3. To organize and conduct a Child Study Team meeting for each child referred.
4. To prepare an Individual Educational Program for each child annually.
5. To prepare and implement and Individual Instructional Program that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the student in each skill area.
6. To inform parents and teachers of students’ progress.
7. To provide quality ancillary instruction in a positive atmosphere.
8. To help the child develop a better self-image.
9. To plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher aides and/or volunteers
10.To maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, District policy, and administrative policy.
11. To keep informed of current programs and techniques for teaching exceptional children.
12. To organize and conduct an annual review for the purpose of assessing the accomplishments of the student and establish placement and/or programs for the following year.
13. To make the learning resource room an integral part of the School System.
Bachelors Degree with endorsement of Special Education
List can be provided upon request
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
American Falls School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.