Special Education Teacher
Horseshoe Bend School District •Southwest / Boise •Special Education •Full Time •Posted 1M ago
About this job
Horseshoe Bend School District is looking for a Special Education Teacher to join our team of Educators and Behavior Interventionists for the 2021-22 school year and beyond. This is a full-time position that includes part time Special Education Teacher duties and part time Behavior Intervention duties.
You will be responsible for teaching groups of students with moderate to significant disabilities. You will modify existing core curriculum along with using supplemental curriculum to meet each student’s Individualized Education Plan. You will communicate with fellow teachers, support staff, and parents.
Ultimately, you will help and inspire students to achieve success.
* Assess students’ abilities and develop teaching plans
* Adapt learning materials to students’ needs
* Keep track of and reflect on students’ progress
* Monitor children’s behavioral patterns and arrange appropriate interventions if needed
* Find engaging activities to teach skills
* Manage classroom crises and resolve conflict (MANDT Training will be provided)
* Prepare students for transition to the next grade
* Inform parents about their children’s performance and potential problems
* Coach/mentor other professionals who work with children with disabilities
* Collaborate with the support staff (e.g. school counselors and speech therapists) to create holistic intervention plans
* Conduct new assessments & 3-yr evaluations
* Write and facilitate annual IEPs
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Horseshoe Bend School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.