Special Education Teacher
Salmon School District •East Central / Idaho Falls •Special Education •Secondary •Full Time •Posted 3M ago
About this job
Salmon School District 291 is seeking a
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER – SECONDARY RESOURCE RM.
starting the 2021-2022 school year
The teacher will work approximately 157 days, four days a week, Monday through Thursday - 7:45 a.m. to 4:30
p.m., with one 4-hour teacher workday per month. This is a fully benefited position to include health insurance,
PERSI retirement, and many voluntary benefit options. Salary depends on years of experience and credits earned.
• Supervise, evaluate, and provide direction and guidance to multiple paraprofessionals.
• Consults with appropriate professional staff regarding a student’s educational program.
• Develops strategies for maintaining a classroom environment conductive to effective learning.
• Utilizes effective teaching methods and employs a variety of instructional techniques appropriate to the
maturity, interest, and needs of the students.
• Initiates, facilitates, and monitors mainstreaming into students’ program when it is appropriate and consults
with teacher whom student is mainstreamed in the Least Restrictive Environment.
• Maintains annual and triennial reviews and scheduling.
• Manages and interprets data with Multi-Disciplinary Team as needed
• Works with staff on Medicaid billing collection and reporting.
• Able to pass background check. (Fingerprints and background check are at the expense of the applicant)
• Valid Idaho Teaching certificate, or ability to gain one, with Special Education endorsements
• Excellent public relations and communication skills.
• Strong background in curriculum and state standards.
• Works well with students, staff and the public to ensure active and appropriate involvement in all aspects of
the program with emphasis on confidentiality.
• Strong background in integration of technology with instruction.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
• Ability to manage people and create schedules.
• Knowledge of Enrich IEP software a plus.
• Ability to collect and interpret data.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Salmon School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.