Spanish Teacher / Band Teacher
American Falls School District •Southeast / Pocatello •Language: Spanish •Secondary •Full Time •Posted 15D ago
About this job
TITLE: Secondary Teacher
QUALIFICATIONS: As set by State Certification requirements.
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: In order to implement the instructional program of the district the teacher shall carry out the following performance tasks:
1. Be knowledgeable of, and uphold all policies pertaining to teachers and students as specified in district rules and regulations.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of subject matter competencies and/or skills to be presented to students.
3. Plan a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students to the extent possible.
4. Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students within tile limits of resources provided by the district.
5. Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals, establishing clear objectives for lessons, units, and projects and communicate these objectives to students. Upon request of the immediate supervisor, show written evidence of preparation.
6. Use instructional materials adopted by the district and employ methods that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
7. Evaluate student progress on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
8. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities. Follow prescribed safety regulations.
9. Maintain accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
10. Accept responsibility for extra-curricular activities and other duties as may be assigned to meet the needs of students.
11. Work to establish and maintain open lines of communication and cooperative relations with the administration, students, parents and colleagues.
12. Attend staff meetings and serve on staff committees to plan instructional goals, objectives and methods; assist in selection of instructional equipment and materials.
13. Strive to maintain and improve professional competence.
TITLE: Music Teacher
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Standard Certificate for the State of Idaho with Endorsement
2. B.S. or B.A. Degree
3. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may
find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: To develop in each pupil an appreciation of the art of music as part of general culture; to teach techniques to vocal and/or instrumental music
expression; to discover and develop talents of pupils in the field of music; to develop knowledge and skills in listening to and reading music.
1. Teaches skills in music appreciation, harmony, and expressions of music, and in instrumental music (band, orchestra, instrumental ensemble) and/or choral music (chorus, choir, choral ensemble) to secondary pupils. Utilizes course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
2. Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in State law and administrative regulations and procedures of the School District.
3. Plans a balanced music program, and organizes daily class time so that preparation, rehearsal, and instruction can be accomplished within the allotted time.
4. Provides individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
5. Utilizes repertoire of all types of music literature, including traditional and contemporary, that are appropriate for the ages and skill levels of pupils.
6. Controls the storage and use of school-owned property; makes minor adjustments and requests repairs to instruments as required.
7. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior to provide an orderly, productive environment during practice, group rehearsals, and musical performances.
8. Evaluates each pupil’s musical growth and performance, assessing each individual’s contribution to the performance of the group.
9. Plans, rehearses, and directs pupils in musical programs for school and community.
10. Selects and requisitions books, musical instruments, and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
11. Communicates with parents and school counselors on pupil progress.
12. Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
13. Cooperates with the school administration in providing musical programs for school productions, graduation ceremonies, and civic functions.
14. Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities as assigned.
15. Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
16. Participate in faculty committees and sponsorship of pupil activities.
17. Maintains professional competence through in-service education provided by the District, and/or in self-selected professional growth activities related to music.
BS or BA Degree with standard certificate for the state of Idaho with Endorsement for both Spanish Education and Music Education or equivalent
List can be provided upon request
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
American Falls School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.