SpEd Para Professional
Project Impact STEM Academy •Southwest / Boise •Special Education •Not Applicable •Full Time •Posted 27D ago
About this job
Project Impact STEM Academy is an innovative school seeking paraprofessionals/assistant teachers to assist our teachers and develop the next generation through a specialized curriculum. You will work closely with the teacher in your assigned classroom and support them in their duties. Flexibility is key for this role, as your tasks may change from day to day. Typical activities include monitoring student progress, working with students in groups and individually during lessons, and creating progress notes and reports. Work could also include substituting. The ideal candidate is caring, compassionate, and dedicated to the students’ success. They have a versatile skill set and a willingness to proactively look for ways to support the teacher.
Positions currently open include:
Special Education Paraprofessional/Assistant Teacher
What You’ll Do:
• Assists teachers with implementing lessons, managing individual students engagement, and organization and development of materials
• Track-specific student progress.
• Empower students through programs to enhance their academic and social achievements
• Work with computers and specialized AV equipment to make these resources available to the teacher during lessons.
• Teach small group lessons in reading and mathematics.• Act as a nurturing and encouraging influence for students during lessons.
• Monitor the classroom and minimize distractions and disruptions.
• Fill in as a substitute teacher as needed.
What You Need:
• Experience working as a substitute teacher for K-8 is preferred, but not required
• Commitment to uphold PiSTEM’s values,and believe that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life
• Bachelor or Associates’s Degree in Early Childhood Development, Education, or another related area preferred
• Previous experience working with students as a paraprofessional or a tutor
• Familiarity with technology and Google suite (docs, sheets, etc.)
• Clear health and background check
Who You Are:
• You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
• You are enthusiastic about STEM experiences
• You facilitate learning experiences, using a variety of methods
• You’re passionate about serving as a mentor
• You are empathetic
• You thrive in innovative environments and are comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive workplace
• You’re committed to continuous improvement, see feedback as a positive, and have a growth mindset
• You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with colleagues to maintain the academic integrity of planned lessons and learning experiences for students. You find positivity in share successes.
• You value the use of data to track and provide updates on student achievement to faculty, directors, and families
• Minimum of 2 years of college credits or passed the Para Praxis
• DOJ Fingerprint Clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Project Impact STEM Academy is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.