Secretary at Teton Middle School
TETON COUNTY DISTRICT •East Central / Idaho Falls •Secretary •Middle •Full Time •Posted 16D ago
About this job
This job is anticipated to be Secretary at Teton Middle School, subject to the needs of the district.
JOB TITLE: SEC. I-MIDDLE SCHOOL SECRETARY/OFFICE ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO AND EVALUATED BY: BUILDING ADMINISTRATOR
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION: High School diploma-preference may be given to applicants with experience and/or college education.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Knowledge of business English, spelling, and punctuation, with the ability to
Prepare routine letters and communications.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure,
Using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Experience with bookkeeping/budget
Procedures is needed.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to demonstrate a high degree of competence in typing, filing, and general computer knowledge. Ability to relate to patrons and students tactfully and to work harmoniously with other district employees. Maintain strict confidentiality of staff and student personal information. Possess good organizational abilities and skills.
1. Acts as a public relations agent for the school district while serving as the school’s receptionist and by receiving and screening visitors, answering the telephone, providing available information and referring calls and queries to the appropriate school personnel or department.
2. Processes incoming and outgoing mail.
3. Arranges for substitutes and maintains records on all staff members and prepares monthly sub reports for the payroll department in the District Office.
4. Works on promotion program and diplomas.
5. Maintains inventory and orders all office supplies and consumable.
6. Works with the secretary/bookkeeper to select, train and oversee student office aides.
7. Performs duties relating to students, such as administering medications as requested by parent/guardian and record these actions. Respond to accidents and illness, notifying the appropriate people and completing all appropriate forms and records.
8. Handles student information and records in a responsible and confidential manner.
9. With the assistance of the Secretary/Bookkeeper, develops a working understanding of the accounting system and is able to produce purchase orders and do other assigned jobs as needed to assist the Secretary/Bookkeeper.
10. Assists the teaching staff in other such duties as time allows or as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This position shall be considered in all respects “employment at will.” The terms and descriptions set forth in this job description shall not create a property right in the employee and such are set forth only to advise the employee of when and what type of services will be required by the District so long as employment continues.
An employee working in this position shall at all times be subject to the direction of the person to whom said employee has primary responsibility or said person’s designee(s) and at all times shall be subject to the rules, regulations and policies of the District as promulgated by the Board of Trustees. Each employee shall be held responsible for having knowledge of said school district rules, regulations, and policies which have been reduced to writing and made available to the employee at the building administrator’s office and the district-wide administration office.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
TETON COUNTY DISTRICT is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.