Secondary Math Teacher ... 2023-2024 School Year
Meadows Valley School District •Southwest / Boise •Middle Grades •Secondary •Full Time •Posted 29D ago
About this job
Meadows Valley School is a small school in rural Idaho that serves approx 150 students in grades PK-12 grade. The four-day school week allows opportunities for our staff and students to enjoy an abundance of recreational opportunities like skiing, skating, hiking, camping, hunting, fishing, boating, or just enjoying a white sandy beach on a beautiful day. This is your chance to live in the mountains and enjoy a slower lifestyle with a short two-hour drive to Boise when you want a change of pace.The selected candidate will be teaching Middle-Level Math to grades 6-8. Other potential classes could include Computer Skills, HS Business Math, and HS Personal Finance.Application posted at www.mvsd11.orgJob is open until filled.
Bachelor's degree or higher from a fully credited university or college.Valid Idaho Teaching Certification or in an Alternative Route program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Create plans that align with MVSD and Idaho CCSS that meet the needs, abilities, and interests of the individual learner.
2. Mentor students to provide support and growth.
3. Use assessments that inform instruction and collect data to provide individual and group progress and student growth toward goals.
4. Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
5. Develop and maintain constant classroom procedures with clear behavior expectations.
6. Attend staff meetings, and student activities, and serve on staff committees as requested.
7. Seek out opportunities for Professional Development and Growth.
8. Maintain high standards of ethical behavior.
9. Have regular attendance.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Salary will be in accordance with the placement on the Certified Salary Schedule.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Meadows Valley School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.