Secondary Business Teacher (2024 School Year)
American Heritage Charter School •East Central / Idaho Falls •Business Education •Secondary •Full Time •Posted 30D ago
About this job
American Heritage Charter School seeks a positive, team-oriented secondary business teacher for the 2024-2025 school year. Located on the west side of Idaho Falls, American Heritage offers a free, rigorous and patriotic education in a friendly, small, and rural school setting. Our mission is to create educated and patriotic leaders. Our students adhere to a strict code of conduct that includes a dress code.As the lead on our business curriculum, the successful candidate will be instrumental in designing and implementing our charter vision to give students the tools and understanding they need to succeed in business. Upon graduation, our students will be ready for the workforce, but we also want them to have no fear of pursuing the American Dream by starting their own business and becoming their own boss. Our business/technology program will teach students keyboarding, basic computing, Cyber Safety, business applications, business and technical writing, leadership, finance, marketing, management, economics & personal finance, and entrepreneurism, all leading to our capstone senior project that is focused on starting a business. The business teacher will work closely with other core teachers to create cross-curricular opportunities for student learning. The business teacher will also be the advisor for Business Professionals of America.Visit www.americanheritagecharterschool.com to learn more, or stop by to visit us at 35th West and 17th South in Idaho Falls. Please contact Shawn Rose at (208)529-6570 if you are interested in this position.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher from a fully accredited university or college.
2. Valid Idaho Teaching Certificate endorsed for appropriate levels and subjects.
3. Verification of Highly Qualified status, as defined by the No Child Left Behind Act.
4. Ability to work with students, staff, parents, and the public.
5. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plan and implement a program of study that aligns with District and Idaho Core state standards and meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students assigned for instruction.
2. Completes all district and state assessment mandates using the data provided to drive instruction.
3. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
4. Designs lesson plans.
5. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals.
6. Employs instructional methods and district-adopted materials that are most appropriate to the teaching assignment.
7. Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
8. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative protocols.
9. Counsels with colleagues, students, and parents on a regular basis.
10. Develops reasonable rules for classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
11. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
12. Accepts reasonable student supervision assignments that are necessary for the safe management of the school.
13. Provides a substitute teacher with lesson plans or complete directions to carry on the educational program when the teacher is absent.
14. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as requested.
15. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
16. Seeks out opportunities for professional growth.
17. Maintains high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality of student information.
18. Has regular and predictable attendance.
Other Duties and Responsibilities: Perform all other duties as assigned.
From $47,477.00 per year
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
American Heritage Charter School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.