Idaho Falls School District •East Central / Idaho Falls •Science: General •Secondary •Full Time •Posted 20D ago
About this job
TITLE: 2023-2024 Science Teacher at Idaho Falls High School
- Valid Idaho Teaching Certificate endorsed for appropriate levels and subjects.
- Highly qualified to teach science.
- Ability to work with students, staff, parents, and the public.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Building Administrator.
- To support the delivery of School District 91's written, taught, tested and reported curriculum and contribute to maximizing student achievement.
- To help students learn subject matter and/or skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible individuals.
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students assigned for instruction.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate to the teaching assignment.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Collaborates with colleagues, students, and/or parents on a regular basis.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for classroom paraprofessionals and/or volunteers.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as requested.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Accepts reasonable student supervision assignments that are necessary for the safe management of the school.
- Designs lesson plans as an instructional aid. When absent, provides the substitute with lesson plans or complete directions to carry on the educational program of the teacher.
- Seeks out opportunities for professional growth.
- Maintains high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality of student information.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all other duties as assigned consistent with the responsibilities of a teacher and the Idaho Code of Ethics.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The exact terms of this position will be determined by the needs of the district and budgetary constraints. Benefits will be in accordance with approved board policy. Salary will be in accordance with the placement on the Teacher's Salary Schedule commensurate with years of experience and education.
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually by the Building Administrator in accordance with provisions of board policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Idaho Falls School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.