School Nutrition Manager
Mosaics Public Charter School •Southwest / Boise •Culinary Arts •Primary •Full Time •Posted 1M ago
About this job
MOSAICS Public School Nutrition Manager Job Description
MOSAICS Public School is looking for dedicated individuals with the skills, passion and
commitment to help us build a team culture from the ground level. The ideal candidate will
have experience with school food service. This position will involve customer service,
dedication to our mission and desire to work efficiently and interact with our teachers and
Reports to: Director of Operations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Keeps a daily log of number of meals served
● Maintains School’s Charge Policy, including proper notices to families.
● Responsible for charging the correct price for food and/or meals; making accurate change, and depositing all monies collected daily
● Completes daily USDA required paperwork including but not limited to:
a. FS-4’s for all programs, and program documentation
b. NIS student lists
c. Daily Deposit Record and Ticket
d. Cash Transaction Log with Receipts
e. Refund/Transfer Requests
● Responsible for keeping an accurate roster of students participating in the lunch program
● Ensures students have been served all the essential meal components of a reimbursable school lunch or breakfast
● Operates point of sale terminal
● Prepares food items as assigned, portioning of food, setting up, and cleaning during serving hours
● May assist with the cleaning and storing of any kitchen equipment and the cleaning of floors and tables.
● Cleans and sanitizes equipment properly.
● Maintains good customer service with students, parents, faculty colleagues and the community.
● Ensures meals served meet USDA requirements for a reimbursable tray.
● Ensures that all kitchen tasks follow the District, State Dept. of Ed., and USDA standards
● Keeps a daily log of time, temperature and amount of food prepared
● Completes serving and cleaning up duties as assigned
● Follows proper food handling to maintain food quality and ensure food safety
● Serves meals to adults and students through the line during service hours
● Uses proper operation of equipment to assure safety and avoid damage to equipment
● Cleans and sanitizes all equipment properly
● Measures and reads measuring devices
● Reads and follows recipes and production records
● Attends all required trainings
● Other duties as assigned
● Supports the philosophy and mission of MOSAICS Public School and the Child Nutrition Department
Applications are available at www.mosaicsps.org. Please send your completed application, cover letter, and resume to
● High School diploma or GED
● Nutrition services experience, especially in a school setting
● SNA Certification Level 1, and USDA Required Professional Standards, minimum of 6 hours of continuing education/training yearly.
● Works well with students and staff
● ServSafe Certificate
180 day contract (8 hrs. per day)
Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance provided at no-cost to employee
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Mosaics Public Charter School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.