Falcon Ridge Charter School •Southwest / Boise •School/Guidance Counselor •Primary •Part Time •Posted 1M ago
About this job
Falcon Ridge Counselor Job Description
Job Title: School Counselor
Location: Falcon Ridge Public Charter School
Reports To: Principal
Calendar: 173 Days; 2022-2023 School Year
Hours: Part-Time 0.8 FTE
Salary: Place on Certified Salary Schedule
Benefits: Eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Public Employees Retirement System
Developing competent, productive, and responsible students by providing preventative services and responding to identified student needs through a comprehensive school counseling program that addresses personal, social, emotional, academic, and career development of kindergarten through 8th grade students.
An Idaho Educational Credential; Pupil Personnel Services, Standard Counselor K-12 endorsement.
Current LPC preferred
Counseling experience preferred
School experience preferred
Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with students, parents, supervisors, and other staff members
Demonstrates the ability to accomplish the major duties listed below
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops and maintains a written plan for effective delivery of the school counseling program based on the Idaho Comprehensive School Counseling Program and the needs of the school
2. Provides classroom and educational guidance through regularly scheduled and developmentally appropriate classroom instruction.
3. Provides parenting education and referrals as needed.
4. Facilitates student support groups.
5. Advocates for students.
6. Provides short-term individual, group, and crisis counseling for students and their parents.
7. Assesses and refers students and families as needed to community and/or government agencies.
8. Consults with significant adults, parents, teachers, etc. in a child's life.
9. Collaborates with administration, other staff members, and families to address academic and career development of students.
10. Collaborates with administration to determine participation and/or roles in the various building teams and committees which support academic and social success for all students.
11. Collaborates to develop and maintain 504 plans
12. Collaborates with administration to provide school required training and staff in-service training.
13. Facilitates student transitions.
14. Communicates effectively and proactively with students, parents, and other staff members.
15. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, school policy, and administrative regulations.
16. Knows and upholds all policies pertaining to staff members and students as specified in school rules and regulations.
17. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities. Follow prescribed safety regulations.
18. Acts professionally, ethically, and confidentially in all aspects of employment.
19. Performs any school-related duties assigned by administration.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to quickly move in a school environment where children are present.
May sit for extended periods of time.
Walk and stand for extended periods of time.
Reach with hands and arms.
Occasionally lift and carry heavy objects.
May be required to block or redirect students.
Possess sufficient visual acuity to complete job tasks.
Must be able to effectively communicate through speech.
Job Type: Part-time
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Falcon Ridge Charter School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.