TETON COUNTY DISTRICT •East Central / Idaho Falls •Food Service •Not Applicable •Full Time •Posted 1Y ago
About this job
JOB TITLE: COOK
REPORTS TO AND EVALUATED BY: Child Nutrition Director
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or (GED). Preference may be given to applicants with previous experience with large scale cooking and food preparation/serving, must have a general understanding of MSDS
(Material Safety Data Sheets).
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but basic written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to work in a friendly manner with co-workers and students. General Knowledge of the best methods of preparing and cooking food in large quantities. Ability to adjust recipes to the quantity required.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand and walk for most of the day, carry hot pans, push carts, stoop and lift/reach for heavy items.
Work Environment: The employee will be required to work in an environment typical of an institutional kitchen with sharp objects, hot surfaces, electrical equipment, slick floors, etc.
2. Maintains the highest standard of safety and cleanliness in the kitchen and cafeteria.
3. Assists in the planning and preparation of food according to a planned menu and tested standardized recipes.
4. Assists in maintaining storeroom inventory by helping to check in shipments and ordering supplies as needed.
5. Immediately reports any problems or accidents occurring in the kitchen or the cafeteria area to the Kitchen Manager and Child Nutrition Director.
6. Attends regular kitchen meetings as required.
7. Optional: Complete and Pass “Nutrition 101” and “Food Safety In Schools” courses provided online at no cost by the Institute of Child Nutrition (theicn.org). These two courses complete requirements to be certified (cost to certify is employee’s responsibility) through the School Nutrition Association. Becoming certified through the SNA is compensated with an increase in hourly pay.
8. Performs other duties as deemed appropriate by the Kitchen Manager, Child Nutrition Director and/or Building Administrator.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This position shall be considered in all respects “employment at will.” The terms and descriptions set forth in this job description shall not create a property right in the employee and such are set forth only to advise the employee of when and what type of services will be required by the District so long as employment continues. An employee working in this position shall at all times be subject to the direction of the person to whom said employee has primary responsibility or said person’s designee(s) and at all times shall be subject to the rules, regulations and policies of the District as promulgated by the Board of Trustees Each employee shall be held responsible for having knowledge of said school district rules, regulations, and policies which have been reduced to writing and made available to the employee at the building administrator’s office and the district-wide administration office.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
TETON COUNTY DISTRICT is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.