School Bus Driver - Full-time
Payette School District •Southwest / Boise •Transportation •Not Applicable •Full Time •Posted 6M ago
About this job
Payette School District has the following opening for the 2021-2022 school year:
SCHOOL BUS DRIVER
Applicant must be at least 21 years old, have a clean driving record and possess a current CDL, class B with school bus and airbrake endorsements. Applicant must pass a background check, submit a drug test and pass a physical. The driver must be able to operate the bus, observing all laws, rules and regulations.
1. High school diploma
2. Hold a class B Commercial Driver’s License with passenger endorsement
3. Meet the physical examination standards of the federal and state law, administrative rules, and Board policy
4. Is twenty-one years of age or older
5. Minimum safe driving experience as determined by the Board
6. Ability to pass a physical agility test and prove the ability to evacuate the bus, including the ability to move students
7. Pass a pre-employment drug test and random drug tests while employed
8. Must not be addicted to the use of intoxicants or narcotics
9. Have an excellent driving record
10. Ability to pass CPR and first aid courses
11. Knowledge of bus passenger safety and effective discipline procedures
12. Sufficient mechanical aptitude to diagnose minor problems and make appropriate repairs
13. Able to maintain passenger discipline to ensure their safety and well-being and to protect against vandalism
14. Works well with students, staff, and parents
15. Awareness of and commitment to proper bus maintenance
16. Able to sit and occasionally required to walk or stand
17. Able to grasp tools and occasionally lift or move up the seventy-five pounds
18. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
19. Maintain confidentiality of staff and students
Please submit completed application and upload a cover letter, resume and three letters of recommendation at: https://www.payetteschools.org/district/external-job-postings
Payette School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Positions are open until filled. All recommendations for hire are tentative offers. Employment is contingent upon board approval, and successful completion of a federal background check and drug-free workplace pre-employment screening (if required for the position). Regular attendance is an essential function of this position. Any applicant convicted of any of the felony crimes enumerated in Section 33-1208, Idaho Code may not be hired, and any applicant convicted of any felony offense listed in Section 33-1208(2), Idaho Code shall not be hired.
Current CDL license required.
Salary depends on experience. Full-time position eligible for full benefits to include: Health, Dental, Vision, term life insurance, and PERSI retirement. Voluntary benefits available as well.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Payette School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.