American Heritage Charter School •East Central / Idaho Falls •Support Staff •Not Applicable •Full Time •Posted 7M ago
About this job
American Heritage Charter School seeks a positive, team-oriented recess duty/aide. Located on the west side of Idaho Falls, American Heritage offers a free, rigorous and patriotic education in a friendly, small, and rural school setting. Our mission is to create educated and patriotic leaders. Our students adhere to a strict code of conduct that includes a dress code. Our teachers use the Core Knowledge Curriculum, Math in Focus, and Shurley English to give our students a broad and well-rounded education. In addition, our students study a unique American Heritage curriculum that teaches character through Cowboy Ethics and Great Expectations and encourages good citizenship through patriotic service.
Visit www.americanheritagecharterschool.com to learn more, or stop by to visit us at 35th West and 17th South in Idaho Falls. Please contact Tiffnee Hurst at (208)529-6570 if you are interested in this position.
The position will assist in maintaining an orderly, safe and pleasant atmosphere on the field and playground and in other designated locations by helping and supervising students in accordance with AHCS policy and procedures.
• Supervise students while at recess
• Encourage positive play and cooperation
• Circulate around the field and playground
• Assist students with resolving minor situations
• Assist students with receiving medical attention when needed
• Supervise in dismissal from the playground
• Communicates with the teachers and administrators about any relevant concerns.
• Brings medical problems and injuries to the immediate attention of office staff.
• Is alert at all times to the children and their needs.• Follows all policies, rules and procedures established by the school.
• Drives the school's bus to take students to classes at the College of Eastern Idaho.
• Bus duty responsibilities in the morning and after school.
• Maintains confidentiality about students in accordance with school and district guidelines.
• Maintains a positive demeanor at all times including, but not limited to, use of appropriate language.
• Maintains an appropriate record of punctuality and attendance.
• Demonstrates an openness to suggestions for improving performance.
• Demonstrates initiative, independence and decision-making appropriate to the performance tasks of this position.
• Demonstrates a willingness to assist and work cooperatively with colleagues.
• Displays tact and courtesy when dealing with students, staff and others in the performance of this position.
Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as assigned
High School Diploma
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
American Heritage Charter School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.