Reading Intervention Specialist Assistant
Richard McKenna Charter School •Southwest / Boise •Elementary •Primary •Full Time •Posted 14D ago
About this job
1. Observes disabled readers in the classroom, upon teacher’s request.
2. Assists classroom teachers in the diagnosis of students and collaborates in planning the
3. Assists in the selection of appropriate materials utilized by the classroom teacher for corrective
4. Provides demonstrations of new methods and materials (i.e. team teaching)
5. Interprets and disseminates results of the third grade comprehension test to third and fourth
1. Develops and implements a remediation plan for students who have third grade
comprehension test results identified as basic or minimal.
2. Utilizes the Reading Recovery method of intervention and instruction for primary students,
particularly in grade one.
3. Is responsible for maintaining the literature collection.
4. Plans and conducts periodic evaluations to assess the need for changes in the reading program.
1. Plans and develops special reading projects as approved or provided.
2. Serves as a resource to teachers and administration in areas of reading instruction and
3. Provides leadership in the development and implementation of the K-8 reading program.
4. Ensures that reading is a component of the K-8 Language Arts.
1. Assesses the reading referrals of parents/guardians, teachers, and support staff.
2. To provide for remedial instructional needs of students K-8 through collaboration with RMCS
staff, occasional small group instruction and staff development in content area reading
High School Diploma or higher degree with major in assigned area
Commitment to providing a strong reading program.
Experience working with elementary age children
Demonstrates a commitment to ongoing education/continuing professional development.
Hourly wage starts at $15.00 per hour
Health, Dental and Vision available
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Richard McKenna Charter School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.