Blaine County School District No. 61 •South Central / Twin Falls •Secretary •Secondary •Full Time •Posted 1Y ago
About this job
TITLE: Administrative Assistant - Building Secretary
PAY GRADE: Classified Salary Schedule
SUPERVISOR: Building Principal and Assistant Principal
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Works on-site according to Principal's designated schedule
Assists the School Administration by performing various supportive tasks such as secretarial, computer, clerical, bookkeeping, communication, technical, attendance, registrar and administrative support functions to assure the effective and efficient operation of the building.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Spanish language skills or bilingualism preferred. Prior successful experience with busy phones, multiple phone lines, and public relations preferred. Data entry, clerical, and computer experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list of essential duties is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
* Answers multiple busy phone lines efficiently.
* Greets patrons in a helpful and pleasant manner.
* Takes clear and accurate messages.
* Acts as a resource to students, staff and the public.
* Responds to inquiries and relays information to the staff and public in a positive and proficient manner.
* Utilizes good listening and communication skills.
* Assists in interpreting (Spanish/English) to facilitate communication between staff personnel and Spanish speaking students and parents.
* Performs general clerical functions (e.g. answering telephone, distributing mail, packages, supplies, copying, faxing, data entry, etc.) for the purpose of supporting the school's activities.
* Reports to work punctually and on a regular basis.
* Maintains professionalism and confidentiality.
* Assists various office personnel as requested.
* Possesses computer, bookkeeping, and organizational skills necessary for this position.
* Coordinates guest employee placement in the building.
* Maintains and contributes to a positive and healthy office environment.
* Administers basic first aid and medication due to unavailability by a nurse (e.g. taking temperatures, dispensing Band-Aids, contacting parents for sick or injured students, etc.) for the purpose of providing appropriate care for ill, medically fragile and/or injured children in accordance with State laws and District policies.
* Meets with students and families new to the school; process registration, withdrawal or transfer of students.
* Informs counselors, administration, and faculty of newly registered students and students who have withdrawn.
* Assures that all student records and files are correct, updated, and copies for forwarding to requesting schools, documenting proper release of information from requesting persons or agencies.
* Participates in student registration.
* Prepares annual report of transfers and withdrawals, indicating the reason for each student's departure from the school.
* Participates in meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
* Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Skill in organization, problem solving, and computer application along with attention to details and flexibility. Skill in excellent communication, listening, and personal presentation. Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one and small group situations to parents, students, and other employees of the District. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables. Ability to interpret and implement a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to work in a friendly manner and to develop effective working relationships with students, staff and the school community. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all District requirements, Board of Education policies, and applicable State and Federal laws.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The job is performed primarily indoors, though the employee may be required to perform duties outdoors in various types of weather, including inclement weather with temperatures at or below freezing for extended periods of time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee frequently interacts with students and staff. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to climb, crawl, balance, stand, and walk; use mental acuity and repetitive motion; use hands to hold, move, feel and manipulate objects; reach with hands and arms; sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Specific speaking and hearing abilities required by this job include expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word, shouting in order to be heard, and receiving detailed information through oral communication. Performs light work exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
$22.70 - $34.04/hr DOE
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Blaine County School District No. 61 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.