Payroll Coordinator/HR Generalist
McCall-Donnelly School District •Southwest / Boise •Coordinator •Not Applicable •Full Time •Posted 1M ago
About this job
Payroll Coordinator/ HR Generalist
McCall-Donnelly School District
Title: Payroll Coordinator/HR Generalist
Location: District Office
Position: 235 days
The Payroll Coordinator/HR Generalist performs a wide range of payroll and HR related duties for the school district. Work requires initiative and independent judgment in the application of prescribed policies, procedures, and methods. Performs other duties related to the primary scope of the position as required.
1. Associates degree in Business/Accounting. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Experience with Payroll/HR or combination of experience and education preferred.
3. Knowledge of basic accounting procedures required.
4. Ability to maintain accurate and auditable records
5. Ability to use computer and software to create spreadsheets, databases, run payroll software, and do word processing.
6. Ability to work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner to meet deadlines.
7. Maintains confidentiality of staff and students.
1. Maintain district payroll registers, payroll check registers, employee payroll information, and other original documentation in an orderly and accurate manner.
2. Calculate employee wages, salaries, hours worked, overtime pay, and determine withholdings, deductions, and net pay.
3. Prepare paychecks and maintain employee payroll history.
4. Balance payroll earnings and deductions; make related transfers of funds and deposits.
5. Receive and audit time sheets for all district employees.
6. Control payroll preparation and production, including regular, special, and supplemental payrolls. Ensure adherence to standards and procedures, and take steps to correct problems, delays, and inaccuracies.
7. Ensure accuracy of payroll data input and calculations, balancing each payroll prior to check disbursement.
8. Process payment of all liabilities generated through payroll, including taxes, Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI) deposits, insurance, etc.
9. Coordinate payroll operations with other accounting and data processing units, confer with other administrative and technical staff regarding changes and new systems, and participate in developing, implementing, and testing procedures.
11. Oversee payroll files.
12. Assist with 403(b), 457, cafeteria plan, and other employee benefits as related to payroll transactions.
1. To be responsible for the administration of the recruitment/onboarding process for new staff and appointments across all MDSD workplaces. This will include.
I. advertising vacancies
II. coordinating applications
III. responding to applicant and workplace queries
IV. supporting interview arrangements
2. To ensure all aspects of the Hiring process are compliant with the MDSD Schools Policy.
3. To be responsible for the accurate and timely administration of all MDSD Schools employment contracts.
4. To maintain HR document templates, ensure these are professionally presented, accessible, and are maintained per MDSD policy.
5. Maintain personnel records, hard copy and electronic.
6. Oversee the pre-employment vetting process.
7. Using established recording systems (Skyward) for absence and leave, alerting the Finance Director to any potential procedural triggers, or payroll implications.
8. To support the Finance Director in the collection and collation of people-based management information.
9. To support the Finance Director with the implementation of HR initiatives, systems, and processes, providing support and coaching to leaders and managers to ensure compliance.
10. Produce and distribute meeting notes, attend meetings and hearings as the note taker
11. Ensure the confidentiality and safeguarding of information about current, past, and prospective employees in line with MDSD policy and Idaho code.
12. To provide general administration and general advisory support, ensuring accuracy and reliability of the information, to assist the Finance director in all HR and administrative matters as and when required.
13. To be flexible by providing coverage for district office team members during periods of absence, carrying out all duties as required.
14. To provide support to all aspects of MDSD district office team operations as and when required.
Terms of Employment: As determined by the Board of Trustees in accordance with federal and state law, administrative rules, and Board policy.
Salary: Dependent on District Salary Schedule
Posting Date: June 27, 2022
Closing Date: Open until Filled
If you have any questions you may contact Penny Lancaster, Director of Finance via email at: email@example.com
To learn more about McCall-Donnelly School District go to the following website http://www.mdsd.org
To apply, please find the “Fast Track” link under employment opportunities on the district’s webpage.
McCall-Donnelly School District #421
Bianca Imel, District Secretary/ Board Clerk
120 Idaho St
McCall, ID 83638
All certificated and non-certificated employees and other individuals are required to undergo a criminal history check and submit to fingerprinting. Any applicant convicted of any of the felony crimes enumerated in Section 33-1208, Idaho Code may not be hired, and any applicant convicted of any felony offense listed in Section 33-1208(2), Idaho Code shall not be hired.
Legal Reference: I.C. § 33-512 Governance of Schools
I.C. § 33-513 Professional Personnel
I.C. § 33-515 Issuance of Renewable Contracts
I.C. § 33-1210 Information on Past Job Performance
IDAPA 08.02.02.027 Pupil Personnel Services Certificate
IDAPA 08.02.02.120 Local District Evaluation Policy—Teacher and Pupil Personnel Certificate Holders
IDAPA 24.12.01.350 Code of Ethics
Equal Opportunity Employer & Veteran's Preference given to eligible veterans.
Salary range is $21.14 to $33.34
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
McCall-Donnelly School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.