Part Time Online Elementary Instructor
Idaho Digital Learning Academy •Not Applicable •Elementary •Not Applicable •Part Time •Posted 1Y ago
About this job
Position Description – Part-time Online Instructor - Elementary
The Online Instructor is responsible for providing an online environment that fosters the intellectual, emotional, motivational, and psychological aspects of online students. Online Instructors monitor and deliver synchronous instruction as well as, demonstrating a presence within the online course by posting announcements, moderating class discussions, and providing feedback on student work. Student contact, and communication with local school support and the student’s parents, is a vital function of an Online Instructor and is imperative for the success of the online student. Daytime availability during the year of up to 4 hours between (7:00am - 3:00pm Mountain Time) Monday - Thursday is a requirement of this position. Additional opportunities (time frames/days) may be requested/assigned based on enrollment.
● Idaho K-8 teaching certificate
● Experience in classroom or online teaching environment
● Two years experience with implementing technology in an educational setting
● Skilled in online instruction, curriculum development, instructional design, assessment, and professional development
● Strong technology skills and experience using technology for teaching and learning
● The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with multiple project management responsibilities
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills
● High level ability of operating in an online capacity
● Positive and professional demeanor
● Master’s Degree or advanced coursework in educational technology, online learning, or curriculum & instruction
● Experience using the Schoology Learning Management System (or similar LMS), Zoom, iStation, and the Google Suite.
● Leadership experience in online learning curriculum development
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
*Professional development will be provided prior to any class assignments.
● Organize and deliver online instruction through Schoology Learning Management System
● Communicate regularly with students via discussion boards, email, phone call, or video or web conferencing
● Deliver parent and student orientation and navigation training
● Hold regular synchronous class time through web conferencing
● Grade and provide feedback on assignments
● Communicate and collaborate with parents, local school personnel, and IDLA support team members and administration
● Submit timely reports which include bi-weekly progress reports and final grades according to the posted IDLA calendar
● Work with discipline issues including acceptable use, due process hearings, plagiarism, and other disciplinary issues
● Communicate an online, visible leadership presence in all online courses
● Provide support and intervention to students
● Revise online content as directed and create instructional modifications required by a special education student’s IEP or 504
● Resolve student issues with parents, local school personnel, and IDLA administration
● Provide leadership and oversight in the implementation of state standards, curriculum, instruction, and assessment within online courses to increase student achievement.
● Adhere to the Code of Ethics for Idaho Professional Educators
● Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, schedules, coordination resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner
Hours and Salary:
This position will teach in a part-time capacity (less than 20 hours per week) . This position can be located anywhere in Idaho. Compensation is $170 per student. Part-time positions are not eligible for insurance, retirement, or paid leave. Part-time positions will provide their own necessary home office equipment and communication and internet connectivity as required by the position.
Position is open until filled. Applications are available online at www.AppliTrack.com/idla/onlineapp Documents required for a complete application include: current resume and letter of introduction. Application materials will only be accepted through the online application. Questions about the application process can be emailed to hr@IdahoDigitalLearning.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Idaho Digital Learning Academy is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.