Part Time Online Elementary Instructor
Idaho Digital Learning Academy •Southwest / Boise •Primary •Part Time •Posted 3Y ago
About this job
The Online Instructor is responsible for providing an online environment that fosters the intellectual, emotional, motivational, and psychological aspects of online students. Online Instructors monitor and demonstrate a presence within the online course by posting announcements, moderating class discussions, and providing feedback on student work. Student contact, as well as communication with local school support and the student’s parent, is a vital function of an Online Instructor and is imperative for the success of the online student.
*** Daytime availability (8:00am - 3:00pm) is a requirement of this position.**
● Idaho K-8 teaching certificate
● Five years experience in classroom or online teaching environment
● Two years experience with implementing technology in an educational setting
● Experience in online instruction, curriculum development, instructional design, assessment, and professional development
● Excellent and demonstrable project management skills with the ability to meet project quality and schedule commitments
● Strong technology skills and experience using technology for teaching and learning
● The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with multiple project management responsibilities
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills
● High level ability of operating in an online capacity
● Positive and professional demeanor*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
*Professional development will be provided prior to any class assignments. Training is not compensated and is required.
● Communicate regularly with students via discussion boards, email, phone call, or video or web conferencing
● Deliver parent and student orientation and navigation training
● Hold regular synchronous class time through web conferencing
● Grade and provide feedback on assignments
● Communicate and collaborate with parents, local school personnel, and IDLA support team members and administration
● Submit timely reports which include bi-weekly progress reports and final grades according to the posted IDLA calendar
● Work with discipline issues including acceptable use, due process hearings, plagiarism, and other disciplinary issues
● Communicate an online, visible leadership presence in all online courses
● Provide support and intervention to students
● Revise online content as directed and create instructional modifications required by a special education student’s IEP or 504
● Resolve student issues with parents, local school personnel, and IDLA administration
● Provide leadership and oversight in the implementation of state standards, curriculum, instruction, and assessment within online courses to increase student achievement.
● Adhere to the Code of Ethics for Idaho Professional Educators
● Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, schedules, coordination resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner
Hours and Salary:
This position will teach in a part-time capacity during the 2020-2021 school year (August 17, 2020 - June 4, 2021). This position can be located anywhere in Idaho. Compensation is $280 per student. Part-time instructors are eligible for a performance bonus based on their evaluation. Part-time positions are not eligible for medical insurance coverage, PERSI retirement, or paid leave. Part-time positions will provide their own necessary home office equipment and communication and internet connectivity as required by the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Idaho Digital Learning Academy is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.