Part Time Computer Science Teacher
SHELLEY JOINT DISTRICT •East Central / Idaho Falls •Computer Science •Secondary •Part Time •Posted 1M ago
About this job
Part-Time Computer Science Teacher
Shelley High School - Grades 9-12
Open until filled
Responsible for providing instruction on a range of computer science courses, including an
introductory Computer Information Systems course, Intro to Web Design, and/or Gaming Concepts.
- Instruct students on facets of HTML and/or Python and other relevant technologies.
- Instruct students on how computers work, including the basic science and mathematics behind their operation and the hardware and the software built on those foundations.
- Teach how to write computer programs, algorithms and programming languages.
- Keep records of grades, grade papers, and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Create projects designed to enhance lectures.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in computer science.
- Create lesson plans.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
- Current Idaho Teaching Certificate with CTE Endorsement
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
SHELLEY JOINT DISTRICT is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.