Blaine County School District No. 61 •South Central / Twin Falls •Paraprofessional / IA •Primary •Full Time •Posted 5M ago
About this job
PAY GRADE: Classified Salary Schedule
SUPERVISOR: Building Principal
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Works on-site according to Principal's designated schedule
Assists the teacher in general daily classroom activities and student supervision inside and outside of the classroom and ensures students stay on task and complete assignments.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Must pass the Paraprofessional Praxis prior to first day of employment. Spanish language skills or bilingualism preferred but not required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list of essential duties is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
* Assists in small group student instruction and tutors students at teacher's request.
* Assists teacher in maintaining discipline and other functions.
* Assists with setup of classroom and prepares materials for specialized instructional units.
* Assists the teacher with attendance reports and related clerical functions.
* Assists in assembling/hanging materials on bulletin boards and keeping displays current.
* Assists in monitoring students throughout school grounds, ensuring safety and supervision.
* Operates various school equipment such as computers, laminators, copiers, audiovisual, etc.
* Helps students resolve conflicts and behavioral issues (based on Ed Ford's Responsible Thinking Program), including assisting the student in writing a behavior plan that will go home to be signed by parents, as needed.
* Escorts children to and from various rooms and provide lunchroom, playground, and bus loading area supervision as needed.
* Assists school food services with meal sales, serving food in an efficient and sanitary manner, and educating students on food nutrition guidelines/making healthy food choices as needed.
* Assists office staff in performing clerical duties as needed.
* Assists in the administration of basic first aid as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one and small group situations to parents, students, and other employees of the District. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables. Ability to interpret and implement a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to work in a friendly manner and to develop effective working relationships with students, staff, and the school community. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all District requirements, Board of Education policies, and applicable State and Federal laws.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The job is performed primarily indoors, though the employee may be required to perform duties outdoors in various types of weather, including inclement weather with temperatures at or below freezing for extended periods of time. The employee frequently interacts with students and staff. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to balance, stand, and walk; use mental acuity and repetitive motion; use hands to hold, move, feel and manipulate objects; reach with hands and arms; sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Specific speaking and hearing abilities required by this job include expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word, shouting in order to be heard, and receiving detailed information through oral communication. Performs light work exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
$19.65 - $29.45 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Blaine County School District No. 61 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.