White Pine Charter School •East Central / Idaho Falls •Paraprofessional / IA •Primary •Full Time •Posted 1Y ago
About this job
Job Title: Special Education Paraeducator
Department: Support Services
Reports To: Director of Support Services, Building Administrator and Special Education Teacher
To assist, support, and work closely with teachers, administrators and other team members in providing education benefit for students.
• Must meet the No Child Left Behind requirements, which require a minimum of 32 core college credits; or an associate’s degree, or have a high school diploma or GED and pass the ParaPro Praxis exam.
• Demonstrate the ability to accomplish the performance tasks listed below with an interest in and aptitude in working with Special Education students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following aligned to “Idaho Paraprofessional Standards,” (or other duties assigned by the Superintendent or Board).
• Work under the direction and supervision of a certified special education teacher to assist in providing individual instruction to special education students.
• Maintain confidentiality
• Work with students to reinforce learning of materials or skills initially introduced and/or outlined by the special education teacher
• Monitor work, correct papers, and supervise testing and make up work as assigned by the special education teacher
• Comply with the work schedule as established by the special education teacher
• Assist the special education teacher in devising special strategies for reinforcing learning materials and skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interest and abilities
• Develop and maintain a positive rapport with individual students, teachers and administrators, staff and district-wide personnel
• Assist the teacher in providing clerical and housekeeping assistance
• Maintain classroom control in presence or absence of the special education teacher
• Work independently within the program framework as established by the special education teacher
• Keep all assignment-related information confidential in compliance with federal and state guidelines
• Serve as the chief source of information and help to any substitute teacher assigned in the absence of the regular special education teacher
• Serve as a resource person when requested by the IEP team
• Performs other tasks and assume other responsibilities as the Superintendent and/or Board may deem necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, talk, hear, walk and sit. The employee will bend or twist at the neck and trunk. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 pounds such as boxes of books or supplies. The employee is directly responsible for safety, well-being, and work output of other people.
Condition of Employment
Board approval and successful completion of federal background check and pre-employment drug free workplace screen.
This is an “at will” position in that the employer or employee may terminate employment at any time for any reason consistent with applicable state or federal law.
Must meet the No Child Left Behind requirements, which require a minimum of 32 core college credits; or an associate’s degree, or have a high school diploma or GED and pass the ParaPro Praxis exam.
Health benefits provided for employee with PERSI for retirement.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
White Pine Charter School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.