SUGAR-SALEM JOINT DISTRICT •East Central / Idaho Falls •Paraprofessional / IA •Not Applicable •Part Time •Posted 8M ago
About this job
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepare and organize materials for small group and individual instruction
2. Maintain high academic standards and expectations
3. Provide immediate feedback on student performance to students and to the supervising teacher
4. Work with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of material and skills introduced by the teacher
5. Help students master equipment or instructional materials assigned by teacher
6. Provide individualized instruction activities using materials and sequences from teacher
7. Assist with such large group activities as drill and practice, reading aloud, and storytelling, and participate in other forms of oral communication with students
8. Guide independent study, enrichment work, and remedial work assigned by the teacher
9. Check notebooks, correct papers, and supervise testing and makeup work as assigned by the teacher
10. Administer, score, and record such achievement and diagnostic tests as the teacher recommends for individual students
11. Communicate classroom rules and encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
12. Operate and care for equipment used in the classroom for instructional purposes
13. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
14. Attend staff meetings as required
15. Assume responsibility for his or her continuing professional growth and development through such efforts as reading professional journals and other publications
16. Seek assistance should emergencies arise
17. Encourage students to strive to meet their highest potential
18. Represent the school district in a positive manner
19. Know and follow school district policy and chain of command
20. Follow modifications and accommodations as specified in Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
21. Perform other duties as assigned
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually by the building principal in conformance with any applicable federal and state law, administrative rules, and Board policy.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
This position shall be considered in all respects “employment at will”. The “employment period” and other descriptions and terms set forth in this job description shall not create a property right for the employee. These are set forth only to advise the employee of when and what type of services will be required by the district so long as the employment continues.
All certificated and non-certificated employees and other individuals are required to undergo a criminal history check and submit to fingerprinting. Any applicant convicted of any of the felony crimes enumerated in Section 33-1208, Idaho Code may not be hired, and any applicant convicted of any felony offense listed in Section 33-1208(2), Idaho Code shall not be hired.
Legal Reference: I.C. § 33-513 Professional PersonnelI.C. § 33-1210 Information on Past Job Performance
1. Maintain confidentiality of staff and students
2. High school diploma or GED
3. Passing of Para Praxis Exam, at least two years of college level coursework or an Associate’s Degree in education.
4. Ability to lift up to forty pounds and push and pull up to one hundred pounds
5. Ability to work with students with emotional, physical, and mental disabilities
6. Previous aide or teaching experience preferred.
7. Demonstrated ability to assist with instructional activities
8. Knowledge of subject matters and ability to instruct students at the direction of the teacher
9. Basic knowledgeable of computers including word processing, spreadsheets, general internet usage, and reports
10. Ability to maintain a positive learning environment
11. Works well with students, staff, and the public
12. Excellent organizational skills
13. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
14. Able to work under pressure and deadlines
MWF AM 8:00-11:00 [9hr/wk]
TTH AM 7:50-11:00 [6 hrs/wk]
PM 11:50-2:40 [13.28 hrs/wk]
8:00-12:00 [19.5 hrs/wk]
9;15-3;00 [25.53 hrs/wk]
8:00-11:30 [17.5 hrs/wk]
11:30-2:30 [15.5 hrs/wk]
12:00-2:30 [10.5 hrs/wk]
1:00-2:50 [9.5 hrs/wk] towards end of April
8;00-12:00 [18.05 hrs/wk] toward end of April
10:00-3:00 [ 23 hrs/wk]
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
SUGAR-SALEM JOINT DISTRICT is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.