BONNEVILLE SCHOOL DISTRICT •East Central / Idaho Falls •Paraprofessional / IA •Not Applicable •Full Time •Apply no later than 3/31/2023•Posted 1M ago
About this job
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1. High School Diploma.
2. Ability to work with staff, students and the public.
3. Patient, yet firm.
4. Must have 32 college credits OR ETS Para Assessment Test with a passing score of 460 or higher.
5. Demonstrated aptitude for the work to be performed.
6. Physically able to perform assigned duties.
7. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Reports to: Building Administrator
To assist the teacher in providing a well-organized, smooth functioning class environment in which students can take full advantage of the instructional program and available resource materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Under the supervision of a certified teacher, prepares for classroom activities.
2. Works with small groups of students to reinforce materials initially introduced by the teacher.
3. Assists individual students in need of special attention.
4. Guides independent study, enrichment work, and remedial work set up by the teacher.
5. Sets up and/or operates audiovisual equipment.
6. Assists teacher with non-instructional classroom duties, such as snack, toilet and clothing routines.
7. Checks notebooks, corrects papers, and supervises testing and make-up work.
8. Assists in duties relating to the supervision of the playground, study hall, cafeteria, and bus loading areas as assigned by the building administrator.
9. Assists in preparing class displays and bulletin boards.
10. Helps construct supplementary materials for use in classroom.
11. Strives to improve and maintain job skills through inservice training programs and other means.
12. Serves as a chief source of information and help to any substitute teacher assigned in the absence of the regular teacher.
13. Alerts the regular teacher to any problem or special information about an individual student.
14. Maintains the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of fully certificated teachers.
15. Maintain safe working environment, and encourage colleagues to be safety-minded in the performance of all school-related duties.
16. Has regular and predictable attendance.
Other Duties and Responsibilities: Performs all other duties as assigned.
Terms of Employment:
This position shall be considered in all respects “employment at will” and the employee is subject to discharge by the District at any time without cause. The “employment period” and other descriptions and terms set forth in this job description shall not create a property right in the employee, and such are set forth only to advise the employee of when and what type of services will be required by the District so long as employment continues.
An employee working in this position shall, at all times, be subject to the direction of the persons to whom said employee has primary responsibility or said person’s designee(s), and at all times shall be subject to the rules, regulations and policies of the District as promulgated by the Board of Trustees. Each employee shall be held responsible for having knowledge of said school district rules, regulations and policies.
This position can be up to 7 hours per day; up to 176 days per year. Work hours to be established by the Building Administrator. Salary placement to be determined by the Paraprofessional and Aide Salary Schedule, as adopted by the Board of Trustees. All terms of employment may be subject to change, as recommended by administrative staff or as directed by the Board of Trustees.
Performance of this position will be evaluated by the Building Administrator in accordance with Board policy.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; have sufficient hand, arm and finger dexterity; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All certificated and non-certificated employees and other individual are required to undergo a criminal history check and submit to fingerprinting. Any applicant convicted of any of the felony crimes enumerated in Section 33-1208, Idaho Code may not be hired, and any applicant convicted of any felony offense listed in Section 33-1208(2), Idaho Code shall not be hired.
Legal Reference: I.C. § 33-512 Governance of Schools
I.C. § 33-1210 Information on Past Job Performance
Must have 32 college credits or the ETS Para Assessment Test with a passing score of 460 or higher.
$10.30- $15.11 depending on position/ experience. Full benefits and PERSI retirement plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
BONNEVILLE SCHOOL DISTRICT is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.