PM Kindergarten Teacher
North Star Charter School •Southwest / Boise •Elementary •Primary •Part Time •Posted 8D ago
About this job
NORTH STAR CHARTER SCHOOL JOB OPENING
POSITION: PM Kindergarten Teacher
FTE: 0.5 Part-Time Teaching Contract. Responsible for PM half day kindergarten class.
Idaho Teacher Certification in Elementary Education.
Bachelor degree required in area of major study.
Teaching or student teaching at appropriate grade level.
Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
* To teach pupils in a classroom utilizing the course of study adopted by the Board of Education, including the Idaho State Standards and MTI methods.
* To instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
* To develop lesson plans and instructional materials and provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
* To collaborate with teachers to deliver services in the least restrictive environment.
* To translate lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
*To establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
* To evaluate pupil's academic and social growth, keep appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.
* To communicate with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupil's progress and interpret the school program.
* To identify pupil needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude and learning problems.
* To create an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards and interest centers.
* To maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and self-selected professional growth activities.
* To participate cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in conformance with the district guidelines.
* To select and requisition books and instructional aids; maintain required inventory records.
* To supervise pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
* To administer group standardized tests in accordance with district testing programs.
* To participate in curriculum development programs as required.
* To participate in faculty committees and the sponsorship of pupil activities.
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
APPLICATION: please fill out the certified application on our website under careers www.northstarcharter.org
CONTACT: Mrs. Shay Davis, Elementary Principal firstname.lastname@example.org and Joanna O’Donnell, Human Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
North Star Charter School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.