PBIS/Safety Support Aide
Notus School District 135 •Southwest / Boise •Support Staff •Not Applicable •Full Time •Posted 1M ago
About this job
Job Title: PBIS/Safety Support Aide
Supervisor: Superintendent and Building Administrators
The PBIS/Safety Aide will collaborate with district administration and building principles in carrying out PK-12 behavior programs. The PBIS/Safety Aide works cooperatively with the principal, counselor, staff, students and parents towards a positive school climate and campus safety.
● Acts ethically and confidentially in all aspects of employment.
● Possesses ability to work alone with minimal supervision.
● Maintains department records and communication on computer system.
● Maintains a friendly and helpful atmosphere in the district.
● Serves as a resource for building staff, administrators, and parents in working with students, creating a positive school climate, and helping students develop a positive self-concept.
● Skill in human relations which demonstrates sensitivity to needs and concerns of others.
● Participates and collaborates with PBIS team of positive behavior support systems and development of intervention strategies by partnering with district counselor and school teams.
● Demonstrated ability to work successfully and positively with all students to provide them with assistance in meeting their educational needs.
● Assists administration with emergency procedures to include: ensures that all classrooms have up to date information and safety binder; and instructs new personnel in what to do during these actions.
● Frequently monitor campus safety.
● Assists administrators in personal belonging searches.
● Assists in supervision of the in school suspension office.
● Coordinates, facilitates and implements disciplinary intervention steps, PBIS, and processes with staff, working closely with the principals.
● Attends and participates in various leadership team meetings and other building meetings as assigned.
● Coordinates, facilitates and implements attendance intervention steps, including but not limited to holding attendance conferences, making home visits with administration, and preparing paperwork.
● Coordinates implementation of parent involvement as well as school sponsored events in assisting with school-wide and event supervision.
● May oversee school-wide emergency preparedness team meetings and implementation efforts in collaboration with district safety committee.
● Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing with clarity and conciseness. Motivates students in a positive direction which will help students to increase individual decision making responsibilities.
● Required to follow Board policies and keep abreast of updates and changes.
● Attends training seminars as necessary.
● Skills and ability to serve as an educational leader including the ability to plan, organize, and facilitate staff meetings, planning processes, and community projects and events.
● Performs other tasks as assigned by the Superintendent.
EDUCATION, LICENSES and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma. Previous experience with PBIS and/or campus safety preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
● Ability to read and write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
● Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, students, parents, and the general public.
● Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
● Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
● Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program
● Ability to plan and implement lessons based on school objectives and the needs and abilities of students.
● Ability to work in a friendly manner and to develop effective working relationships with students, staff, and parents.
● Ability to perform duties in accordance with Board of Education policies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently stands and sometimes walks and sits. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 lbs. such as boxes of books, AV/VCR carts, and supplies. The employee is directly responsible for safety, well-being, or work output of other people. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The physical demands and work environment described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Schedule, Salary and Benefits:
● Schedule is an 8-hour day based on the calendar provided by the district for working the days students are in attendance plus some professional development days.
● Salary is based on the Classified Salary Schedule approved by the Board for the current Fiscal Year.
● Comprehensive benefit package for full time employees working more than 20 hours per week.
● Six month Probationary Period
● This position is an ‘at will’ position in which an employee may be dismissed without having to establish “just cause”.
● Annual evaluation by the Building Administrators/Superintendent
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. The Safety Support Aide will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Principal, Superintendent or appropriate administrator. Notus School District 135 reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Notus School District 135 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.