Online Instructor and Course Development Specialist - Elementary
Idaho Digital Learning Academy •Southwest / Boise •Elementary •Not Applicable •Full Time •Posted 1Y ago
About this job
**Position Description – Online Instructor and Course Development Specialist - Elementary**
The Online Instructor and Course Development Specialist is responsible for providing an online environment that fosters the intellectual, emotional, motivational, and psychological aspects of online students. Online Instructors monitor and demonstrate a presence within the online course by posting announcements, moderating class discussions, and providing feedback on student work. Student contact, as well as communication with local school support, is a vital function of an Online Instructor and is imperative for the success of the online student.
The Online Instructor and Course Development Specialist will lead and work with team members to develop and revise IDLA curriculum to provide an engaging, high quality online learning experience for K-6 students. This position will build course content in the LMS using content tools and resources provided by IDLA. This position will also work with the Content Team, IDLA Faculty and Staff, and other team members to help provide equity, opportunity and access to Idaho students.
● Idaho K-8 teaching certificate
● Five years experience in classroom or online teaching environment
● Two years experience with implementing technology in an educational setting
● Experience in online instruction, curriculum development, instructional design, assessment, and professional development
● Excellent and demonstrable project management skills with the ability to meet project quality and schedule commitments
● Strong technology skills and experience using technology for teaching and learning
● The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with multiple project management responsibilities
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills
● High level ability of operating in an online capacity
● Positive and professional demeanor
● Master’s Degree or advanced coursework in educational technology, online learning, or curriculum & instruction
● Experience using the Schoology Learning Management System (or similar LMS)
● Leadership experience in online learning curriculum development
● Experience with multimedia authoring programs, HTML and web development tools
● Experience leading professional development and/or training of teachers or other adults
**Essential Duties and Responsibilities:**
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
● Organize and deliver online instruction through Schoology Learning Management System
● Communicate regularly with students via discussion boards, email, phone call, or video or web conferencing
● Assist in creating parent and student orientation, navigation training, content scope and sequence, and overall development of an online program for elementary students K-6
● Communicate and collaborate with parents, local school personnel, and IDLA support team members and administration
● Grade and provide feedback on assignments
● Submit timely reports which include bi-weekly progress reports and final grades according to the posted IDLA calendar
● Work with discipline issues including acceptable use, due process hearings, plagiarism, and other disciplinary issues
● Communicate an online, visible leadership presence in all online courses
● Provide support and intervention to students
● Revise online content as directed and create instructional modifications required by a special education student’s IEP or 504
● Resolve student issues with parents, local school personnel, and IDLA administration
● Mentor and train online instructors
● Provide leadership and oversight in the implementation of state standards, curriculum, instruction, and assessment within online courses to increase student achievement.
● Provide direction, expertise, and strategies to course designers and online instructors to support the academic needs of students with unique learning needs including ELL, ESL, and Special Education.
● Work with various team members to complete development, organization and revision of IDLA curriculum in a project-based approach.
● Serve as project manager for team-based development projects, hosting weekly meetings, documenting progress, and providing support and training for external team members.
● Maintain IDLA Curriculum to account for updated links, broken items, and other adjustments needed as directed by the IDLA Curriculum Manager
● Support and coordinate tasks with IDLA Lead Teachers
● Assist in documenting IDLA Course Development procedures and styles
● Adhere to the Code of Ethics for Idaho Professional Educators
● Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, schedules, coordination resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner
**Hours and Salary:**
This position is full time and year round and can be located anywhere in Idaho. The hired applicant may begin work as early as July 1, 2020, pending the applicant’s availability. Annual salary is $52,000. Full time positions are eligible for excellent medical insurance coverage, PERSI retirement, and paid leave. IDLA provides necessary home office equipment and communication and internet connectivity as required by the position.
Position is open until filled. Applications are available online at www.AppliTrack.com/idla/onlineapp Documents required for a complete application included: Current resume, letter of introduction, and one recent letter of reference. Application materials will only be accepted through the online application. Questions about the application process can be emailed to hr@IdahoDigitalLearning.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Idaho Digital Learning Academy is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.