Online Elementary Teaching Assistant
Idaho Digital Learning Academy •Not Applicable •Elementary •Not Applicable •Full Time •Posted 1M ago
About this job
Position Description – Full-time Online Teaching Assistant - Elementary
Please Note: This position starts immediately
Online teaching assistants work under the supervision of a lead teacher, providing additional assistance and instruction to students. Teacher assistants will facilitate one-on-one or small group virtual meetings with students to provide additional instruction and support.
● Friendly, positive disposition with willingness to support teacher, student and parent
● Familiar with developmental needs of K-5 students
● Understand how to motivate, create structure and engage students
● Knowledge of basic educational procedures and objectives, including instruction and presentation, preparation of teaching materials and aids, behavior management and modification, and student-teacher relations and interactions
● Know how to recognize student challenges in curriculum assigned and recommend and provide enrichment lessons, assignments, etc. if necessary
● At least two years of college or have an associate’s degree
● Ability to communicate and work effectively from a home/remote office location through the use of various online tools
● Experience in an educational setting working with students in grades K-5
● Be able to handle and maintain good working relationships on an ongoing basis
● Must have the ability to communicate student progress and challenges in a constructive way with both teachers and students.
● Must be able to remain patient with each student, regardless of the child's varying abilities and background.
● Must be resourceful and creative in explaining lessons in a manner that is customized to each student's ability to absorb information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
*Professional development will be provided prior to any class assignments.
● Provide instructional reinforcement for individual students or small groups of students
● Help teachers with progress monitoring, grading, and other administrative tasks
● Assist with administrative duties such as setting up meetings and preparing materials
● Attend to students' physical, personal, academic, and emotional needs
● Support students with special needs by following provisions specified in their IEPs/504 Plans
● Perform other duties as directed by the lead teacher and administration which may include substitute teaching
● Work under the direct supervision of IDLA lead teachers
● Guide and facilitate individual and small group virtual/distance learning
● Utilize curriculum, textbooks and learning resources provided by IDLA
● Assist students to communicate (email, video conferencing etc...)
● Communicate with parents/guardians regarding students’ progress
● Follow scope and sequence of assigned curriculum with guidance from the certified classroom teacher
● Adheres to confidentiality with regard to student information
● Adhere to the Code of Ethics for Idaho Professional Educators
● Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, schedules, coordination resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner
● Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with students, teachers and staff members, and other personnel
● Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
● Demonstrate integrity and ingenuity in the performance of assigned tasks
● Perform all work duties and activities in accordance with Idaho Digital Learning Alliance policies, procedures, and safety practices.
*Background check will be conducted.
Hours and Salary:
This position will work in a full-time capacity during the 2023-2024 182 day school year contract. This position can be located anywhere in Idaho. Compensation is $28,800 for the full 182 day contract and will be pro-rated based on start date. Full-time teaching assistants are eligible for insurance, retirement, and paid leave. Full-time positions will be provided necessary home office equipment and communication and internet connectivity as required by the position. During working hours, the employee is to concern themself strictly with the business of Idaho Digital Learning Alliance and the duties of this position. At no time during working hours, shall the employee perform any services or make or receive any telephone calls on behalf of any other entity/individual or for any private business or employment that are not part of the employee's job responsibilities with Idaho Digital Learning Alliance, unless previously approved by your Director.
Position is open until filled. Applications are available online at www.AppliTrack.com/idla/onlineapp
Documents required for a complete application include: current resume and letter of introduction. Application materials will only be accepted through the online application. Questions about the application process can be emailed to hr@IdahoDigitalLearning.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Idaho Digital Learning Academy is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.