Nurse Assistant (CNA) Primary Instructor
Idaho Falls School District •East Central / Idaho Falls •Career Technical Education •Secondary •Full Time •Posted 20D ago
About this job
TITLE: 2023-2024 Nurse Assistant (CNA) Health Occupations Teacher at Career & Technical Education Center
- A current unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse in Idaho
- Evidence of three (3) years' experience as a registered nurse
- Evidence of two (2) years' experiences in caring for the elderly or chronically ill of any age
- Evidence of completion of a course in methods of instruction or a Train-the-Trainer type program
- Ability to work with students, staff, parents, and the public.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Building Administrator
- To support the delivery of School District 91's written, taught, tested and reported curriculum and contribute to maximizing student achievement.
- To help students learn subject matter and/or skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible individuals.
- Plans a program of study that aligns with district and state standards and meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students assigned for instruction.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate to the teaching assignment.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Collaborates with colleagues, students, and/or parents on a regular basis.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for classroom paraprofessionals and/or volunteers.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as requested.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Accepts reasonable student supervision assignments that are necessary for the safe management of the school.
- Designs lesson plans as an instructional aid. When absent, provides the substitute with lesson plans or complete directions to carry on the educational program of the teacher.
- Seeks out opportunities for professional growth.
- Maintains high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality of student information.
- Has regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all other duties as assigned consistent with the responsibilities of a teacher and the Idaho Code of Ethics.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The exact terms of this position will be determined by the needs of the district and budgetary constraints. Benefits will be in accordance with approved board policy. Salary will be in accordance with the placement on the Teacher's Salary Schedule commensurate with years of experience and education.
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually by the Building Administrator in accordance with provisions of the Negotiated Master Contract and board policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Idaho Falls School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.