Middle School Life Science Teacher
North Star Charter School •Southwest / Boise •Science: General •Middle •Full Time •Posted 1M ago
About this job
NORTH STAR CHARTER SCHOOL JOB OPENING
POSITION: Middle School Life Science
FTE: Full time contract
Idaho Teacher Certification in Secondary Education.
Bachelor degree required in area of major study.
Teaching or student teaching at appropriate grade level.
● Teach Science classes to pupils in a classroom utilizing the course of study adopted by
the Board of Education, and the Next Generation Science Standards. Curriculum is
● Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and
administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
● Develop lesson plans and instructional materials and provide individualized and small
group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
● Collaborate with teachers to deliver services in the least restrictive environment.
● Translate lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for
● Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional
learning atmosphere in the classroom.
● Evaluate pupil's academic and social growth, keep appropriate records, and prepare
● Communicate with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupil's
progress and interpret the school program.
● Identify pupil needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and
helping pupils solve health, attitude and learning problems.
● Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the
district and self-selected professional growth activities.
● Participate cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by
which the teacher will be evaluated in conformance with the district guidelines.
● Select and requisition books and instructional aids; maintain required inventory records.
● Supervise pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
● Administer group standardized tests in accordance with district testing programs.
● Participate in curriculum development programs as required.
● Participate in faculty committees and the sponsorship of pupil activities.
Application available at www.northstarcharter.org
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
CONTACT: Andy Horning, Head of School firstname.lastname@example.org, Joanna O’Donnell,
Human Resources, email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
North Star Charter School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.