Middle School Individuals & Societies Teacher
Sage International Network of Schools •Southwest / Boise •Classroom Teacher •Middle •Full Time •Posted 3D ago
About this job
Location: Sage Middleton
Grade: 6-9 / Middle Years Programme
Position: Certified- Full Time
Calendar: 2023-2024 academic year
Sage International School - Middleton - a public school of choice - is seeking applicants to fill a FULL TIME Middle school (6-9) Individuals & Societies (Social Studies) position for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Successful candidates will be certified to teach in public schools, either in Idaho or in another state with a willingness to transfer certification to Idaho. The position of Middle school teacher at Sage Middleton requires that the successful candidate:
● Develop and teach a curriculum for integrating Individuals & Societies as well as
● interdisciplinary units in Individuals & Societies (which might be in History, Geography, Social Studies, Economics, Government, etc.) at the 6-9 level
● Demonstrate the IB Learner Profile attributes of Knowledgeable, Balanced, Thinker, Reflective, Communicator, Risk-Taker, Inquirer, Caring, Principled and Open-Minded
● Have a genuine love of working with children and an enduring interest in teaching, learning and student engagement
● Be a team player→positive, respectful, adaptable, and flexible, with good communication and collaboration skills
● Be familiar with and a believer in inquiry-based and project-based authentic learning
● Be comfortable with integrating instructional technology into lessons when applicable
● Be able and willing to work hard in a highly demanding program and to see differences and challenges as an opportunity for personal and professional growth
Salary and benefits package depending upon experience. Please review this information on the Sage International website to ensure a good fit of interest and educational philosophy.
● Certified Application
● Cover Letter & Resume
● Copy of Official Transcript(s)
● Copy of current Teaching Certificate(s) or date Certification will be obtained
Please email application materials to email@example.com.
All certificated and non-certificated employees and other individuals are required to undergo a criminal
history check and submit to fingerprinting. Any applicant convicted of any of the felony crimes enumerated in Section 33-1208, Idaho Code may not be hired, and any applicant convicted of any felony offense listed in Section 33-1208(2), Idaho Code shall not be hired.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Sage International Network of Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.