Middle School Assistant Principal
Idaho Falls School District •East Central / Idaho Falls •Principal/Dean/Head of School •Middle •Full Time •Posted 4M ago
About this job
TITLE: 2023-2024 Middle School Assistant Principal at Eagle Rock Middle School
- Master's degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
- Valid Idaho Principal's Certificate.
- Minimum of four years of full-time certificated experience working with students, Pre-K-12, while under contract in a school setting.
- Completion of an administrative internship or have one year of experience as an administrator in grades Pre-K-12.
- Have completed a state-approved program of at least 30 semester (forty-five quarter) credit hours of graduate study in school administration for the preparation of school principals at an accredited college or university. This program shall include competencies in the following areas:
- Leadership, ethics, and management of change
- All forms of communication, including technology, advocacy, and mediation
- Customer involvement and public relations
- Staff development and supervision of instruction
- School law and finance (including special education), and grant writing
- Curriculum development, integration of technology, delivery, and assessment
- Education of all populations, including special education
- Student behavior management/positive behavior supports/effective discipline
- Ability to work with students, staff, parents, and the public.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal.
- To support the delivery of School District 91's written, taught, tested and reported curriculum and contribute to maximizing student achievement.
- To ensure the reflection and communication of a positive image and attitude toward decisions and functions of the district as they relate to the public, staff, parents, and students.
- Assists in the general administration of the school and serves as the acting principal when the principal is absent and is so assigned.
- Participates in the responsibility for the safety and security of students and all others participating in the educational program of the school.
- Participates in the responsibility for the administration and maintenance of the security of the building and its facilities.
- Is responsible for working with individual students, teachers, and parents with regard to behavior problems.
- Directs the student activity program as it relates to athletics, including budget, supervision, evaluation, and transportation.
- Directs the student activity program as it relates to assemblies, student organizations, student body functions, concerts, tours, programs, clubs, etc.
- Prepares and directs the school activity schedule.
- Assists with the preparation of school policies with special emphasis on student handbooks and policies.
- Acts as advisor to the student council.
- Assists with the development, evaluation, and revision of the school curriculum.
- Assists in the supervision of the building and grounds.
- Coordinates the scheduling of the school gymnasium for school and city use.
- Directs the school lunch program, including all employees and student workers and arranges for lunchroom supervision.
- Coordinates the assignment and administration of all school lockers.
- Coordinates the use of faculty keys.
- Participates in the supervision and evaluation of the faculty including a review of their teaching techniques, serving as a resource to assist them in improving their overall instruction program and coordinating staff improvement activities between their peers and the school administration.
- Shares the responsibility to improve school climate through support of all curricular and non-curricular activities and by maintaining a positive attitude toward school and district policies.
- Seeks out opportunities for professional growth.
- Maintains high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality of student information.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs all other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a full-time position scheduled for 215 days. Benefits will be in accordance with approved board policy. Salary will be in accordance with the placement on the Administrator's Salary Schedule commensurate with years of experience and education.
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually by the Building Principal in accordance with board policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Idaho Falls School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.