Blaine County School District No. 61 •South Central / Twin Falls •Math: General •Secondary •Full Time •Posted 1M ago
About this job
TITLE: Math Teacher
PAY GRADE: Certified Salary Schedule
SUPERVISOR: Building Principal and Assistant Principals
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Days as designated per Negotiated Contract. Works on-site according to Principal's designated schedule.
Creates a flexible program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth to establish effective rapport with students, motivate students to develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge needed to provide a strong foundation for future learning, release creativity, collaboration, and critical thinking in a dynamic learning environment promoted by a project-based instructional pedagogy. To instruct students toward mastery of the Idaho Core Math Standards through mathematical thinking approaches that promote problem solving and real-world application in accordance with the district's adopted curriculum.
Possess a bachelor's degree in a related field. Hold a valid Idaho Standard Instructional Teaching Certificate with appropriate endorsement for assignment. Spanish language skills or bilingualism preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list of essential duties is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
* Teaches content, knowledge, and skill in Mathematics to secondary students, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
* Designs math lessons that connect with students through meaningful application of the content.
* Structure math instruction through mathematical thinking approaches and 21st Century Skills.
* Address the specific learning needs of students so they equitably access the rigor of the curriculum.
* Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning through the proper control of heating, lighting, and ventilation, and the utilization of exhibits, displays, and arrangement of seats, desks and study areas.
* Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
* Individualizes and adapts educational processes and procedures to enhance student educational opportunities, including actively pursuing alternative solutions to improve student learning, i.e. providing individual, small group, or remedial instruction.
* Selects and requisitions instructional aids and equipment appropriate to the interest and maturity level of students, maintains required inventory records, and makes purchases as authorized.
* Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior for a productive learning environment.
* Reviews, analyzes, evaluates, and reports student academic, social, and emotional growth. Keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
* Pursues a variety of methodology in teaching and instructing students, including lectures, demonstrations, discussions, group learning, projects and laboratory experiences.
* Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates the history, background, and assessment of students in designing instructional programs to meet individual educational needs.
* Counsels, confers with, and communicates with parents, school, and District personnel regarding student progress, and in the interpretation of the educational program.
* Performs a variety of non-instructional duties, including participation in curriculum and instructional development (committees), supervision of students, participation in student activities, and consultation/collaboration with colleagues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of child development and especially of characteristics of students in the age group assigned. Knowledge of the prescribed curriculum and assessments. Knowledge of current educational research. Knowledge of current technology. Knowledge of learning styles and skill in using varied teaching methods to address student learning styles. Skill in oral and written communication with students, parents, and others. Ability to plan and implement activities for maximum effectiveness. Ability to assess levels of student achievement effectively, analyze test results, and prescribe actions for improvement. Ability to maintain appropriate student supervision so that students have a safe and orderly environment in which to learn. Ability to work effectively with peers, administrators, and others. Ability to work under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods, direct other persons within a small work unit, and track budget expenditures. Ability to use computer and technology to support effective instruction and student learning, including Google Docs. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all District requirements, Board of Education policies, and applicable State and Federal laws.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The job is performed in a generally hazard free environment under minimal temperature variations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to crawl, balance, stand, and walk; use mental acuity and repetitive motion; use hands to hold, move, feel and manipulate objects; reach with hands and arms; sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Specific speaking and hearing abilities required by this job include expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word, shouting in order to be heard, and receiving detailed information through oral communication. Performs light work exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
$52,000 - $92,699.06
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Blaine County School District No. 61 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.