Lead Preschool Teacher
Kendrick Joint School District 283 •North Central / Lewiston •Early Childhood •Primary •Part Time •Posted 2M ago
About this job
The Lead Teacher is responsible for the academic, social, and emotional growth of all children in their care, which will include 3-5 year old children; develop partnerships with parents/guardians to engage and encourage parent participation in the program. Lead Teacher is responsible for developing, planning, and implementing age appropriate lessons.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Develops, plans, and implements age appropriate lessons to nurture and stimulate all domains of children’s development in their care.
• Provides a developmentally appropriate classroom environment that reflects the children’s learning and growth.
• Perform on-going developmental evaluations of children and develop lesson plans and follow curriculum implementation that addresses the individual needs of each child.
• Prepare developmental progress reports as needed.
• Assists in orientation of the classroom with parents.
• Maintain ongoing, open communication with parents/caregivers.
• Provide a classroom environment that encourages parent participation.
• Ensure that each family receives an opportunity to build strong relationships and experience clear communication with teaching staff.
• Complete daily attendance records.
• Serve on the 21st Century Community Learning Center Advisory Board.
• Completing any reports in regards to preschool programming and grant reporting.
• Completes and reports any symptoms of child abuse to program director and/or child abuse hotline.
• Reports all staffing, volunteer, and classroom concerns to director in a timely manner.
• Reports family changes in schedules and excessive absences to director in a timely manner.
• Participate in on-going in-service and educational development opportunities provided by 21st CCLC.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Highly qualified paraprofessional
• Early Childhood experience preferred
Skills & Abilities
• Early Child Development knowledge and experience.
• Knowledge of 21st Century Community Learning Center Programs
• Good communication, problem solving, and priority setting skills as well as maintaining an overall positive and professional attitude /disposition.
• Ability to effectively plan, organize and implement educational activities.
• Must be able to manage confidential information. ‘
• Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds and in case of emergency a 40 pound child.
• Monday - Thursday 11:00am-3:30pm
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Kendrick Joint School District 283 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.